All's Well That Ends Well

Last chapter and I am feeling emotional

So, without any further delay, let us read the chapter *teary-eyed smile*

************************************

'Sana. I know it is too much to ask but- can-you call me Dad, once. Please.' His eyes pleaded her. Sana noticed tear drop from his eyes. She wanted to wipe them but resisted. She bit her lips and looked away. She had been under the impression that her step father and her own mother didn't like her. She was an unwanted child. But she realized now that it was not only her but her parents as well who were miserable. Only if they had taken time to talk it out before. Only if one of them had taken the step first. Sana sighed. She looked back at her father. Tears glistened in her eyes as well.

Her lips trembled, and her voice shook as she said, - 'Dad.'

As soon as the word escaped her mouth, Mr. Shah broke down crying and Sana couldn't control her tears either.

'Sana,' – He held her hand, - 'You have made me the happiest man.' He confessed through his tears. Sana nodded. For the first time she addressed someone as Dad, she felt an immense load off her chest. Mr. Shah moved his hand and held the back of Sana's head. She leaned forward and he kissed her forehead.

'My Beta.' He said softly. More tears escaped from her eyes.

'How did you do this?' Saba asked as she looked wide-eyed at Sana and Mr. Shah.

'That is Daanish's charm.' Daanish replied coolly while burying his palms into the pockets of his track pants.

At the distance watching the father-daughter duo bond were Daanish and Saba. Saba stood gaping at them with her hand over her open mouth. While Daanish watched them with tears in his eyes.

*****************************

Later, Daanish sat on the bed working on his laptop when the door opened. He looked up and saw Sana enter the room. He noticed her puffy eyes and smiling lips. What an odd combination.

'You, all right?' Daanish asked closing the flap of his laptop. Sana stopped in her tracks and looked at him. She nodded and walked up to him. He shifted as she sat beside him on the bed.

'Thank you.' She said gratefully.

Daanish smiled and extended his hand, he placed his palm on her cheek and caressed her skin with his thumb.

'Anything to see you happy.' He replied.

Sana moved her arms and hugged him tightly. 'I love you.'

'One minute.' Sana frowned as Daanish shifted. She was about to move when he said, - 'Stay like that.' She blinked confusedly. Daanish placed the laptop on the table and moved his arms. Sana smiled feeling his arms wrap around her waist.