Chapter 29| Moving In

Sana watched Daanish guide the men as they got his stuff. Some kitchen and electronic appliances, duvets, some decorative items, a Mac Pc, unassembled table. But what caught Sana's attention was an electronic piano. She blinked at it but doesn't say anything. Once everything was settled and Daanish was paying the men Sana walked up to the piano. The electronic piano was placed facing the glass window. Sana caressed the keyboard with her fingers making sure it doesn't make any noise.

'Liked it?' Sana was startled when Daanish spoke. She turned around and looked at him.

'I am surprised you play piano.' She said as he walked towards her. He looked at the piano and nodded.

'Yes. A habit a developed in the US.' He said and pressed a key. Sana folded her arms and smiled.

'I would love to hear you play.' She said.

'Sure.' Daanish said brightly. Sana looked excited.

'Wow!' She exclaimed and Daanish's smile widened.

He asked her how the place looked after he had arranged everything, and Sana complimented him. There was still some work to do.

'You won't get maids here, so.' - Sana grabbed a broom and threw at him. Daanish was startled but managed to catch it. She smirked at him, - 'You will have to do all the cleaning.' She said. Daanish sighed shaking his head.

'This is always a headache. Living abroad I realize the importance of having a maid.' He said, and Sana nodded in agreement.

She took the duster and suggested she dust the place while Daanish does the broom work and kitchen. He nodded.

'Let us get to work.' Sana said with a determined voice.

'Yes.' Daanish raised his hand for a hi-fi and Sana hified him with full zeal.

'Ouch, not that hard.' Daanish whined and Sana giggled.

**************************

Soon, they got to work. Sana found a stool in the kitchen and she used it to clean the cobwebs. There wasn't much dirt in the house as the earlier occupants had recently left.

As Sana cleaned a cobweb in the corner the stool wobbled. She tried balancing herself but fell on the floor.

'Oww.' She yelped.

'What happened?' Daanish came out from the bedroom upon hearing a loud thud. He looked around alarmed. Sana was sitting on the floor and massaging her elbow. She got hurt somewhere else too, but she can't do anything about it in front of Daanish.

'Oh my God, are you okay?' Daanish hurried to her.

'I think so.' Sana winced in pain as she shifted her leg. Daanish looked at her touching her knee. She winced again.

'Oh! Wait.' Daanish said and without wasting a second in one swift movement he scooped her in his arms. Sana gasped, and he asked her to relax.

As he carried her to the room, Sana was sure she would faint.

Oh, my Gosh, I am in his arms, I am in his arms. And he is carrying me to his room. Oh-My-God – Sana grinned to herself. When Daanish looked at her she fixed her expression and made a face as though she was in pain, which she was.

He placed her on his bed and Sana reluctantly let's go of him. She shifted, and he placed his palm on her shoulder. He leaned and asked, - 'Wait here, I will get some ice.' He said. Sana nodded avoiding his gaze. He patted her shoulder and left. After he had gone, Sana spread her arms and dropped on the bed with a dreamy sigh. She grinned staring at the ceiling. Her heart beating rapidly as she recollected the events from just a minute ago. He had picked her up, his one arm under her legs and one hand held her waist. His fingers had pinched her bare skin as he had carried her. Sana sat up and twisted her body little and noted there were marks from his fingers on her fair skin. She blushed.

She heard footsteps and quickly straightened. Daanish entered carrying a very small cloth with few ice-cubes.

'Sorry, there is nothing much in the new house. This was all I could manage.' He said sitting at her feet.

Sana nodded. 'It is okay.' She said in a small voice. Daanish forward her the cloth and asked her to apply it. She took it from him. Then, he got up and said he will be cleaning the kitchen. Sana nodded. She watched him walk out of the room.

*******************************

Five minutes later, Sana stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. She looked around and found Daanish sitting in the recliner. His legs stretched front and his gaze glued to his mobile screen. Sana could see the reflection of the screen on his glasses that he was surfing a social networking site. She tugged at her crop top and cleared her throat. Daanish looked up from his mobile.

'Ah, Sana.' – He got up from the seat, - 'How are you feeling now?' He asked walking up to her. She nodded.

'I am fine, but-' She lowered her head and fidgeted with her nails. Daanish frowned looking at her, slowly she looked up.

'Because of me, you had to do everything alone.' She pouted.

Daanish looked at her for a second before letting out a small laugh. He placed his palm on her shoulder and Sana's heart skipped a beat. She smiled awkwardly at him.

'Still, let me make it up to you. Tea? My place?' She asked brightly. Daanish pretended to think for a second before giving a small nod. Sana felt happy. 

***********************************

What a Sana-Daanish-lious update, right, guys ;) Aren't they cute. And Sana has invited Daanish to her home. I am so eager to find out what will happen next *_*

What are your thoughts on the chapter, my lovelies? Drop your comments, please *smiles*