Chapter 50| Move On

Yaaay!!! Half century...

********************************

'What are you doing?' Daanish asked confused as she wrapped the dupatta around his waist.

'One minute.' She replied, not looking at him. She draped the dupatta on his shoulder, then held his arms and lowered them. She took a step back, folded her arm and observed him.

'What?'

'There are some beads missing-' Sana spoke to herself as she removed the dupatta. Daanish continued to look confused. Sana was about to walk towards the machine when he extended his hand and grabbed her wrist. Sana stopped in her tracks and turned to look at him. He left her hand.

'What just happened?' He asked placing his palms on his hips.

'What?' – Sana shrugged, - 'I don't have a mannequin here.' She grinned. Daanish looked dumbfounded. She chuckled watching his expressions. After a while, he smiled too.

'Good one. Anyway, I am not doing anything else.' Daanish shrugged.

'Exactly.' Sana smirked.

'Lift it little higher...little down...yes, hold it there.' Sana guided Daanish with the heavily beaded and embroider Lehengha.

'It is heavy.'

'Obviously, it is bridal Lehengha.' Sana replied. She got up from her chair and walked up to him. Daanish looked at her as she stood close to him. She held the elastic of the lehenga. Sana felt his gaze on her and looked up. Then, she realized she was very close to him. Their gaze met, and they kept staring.

Daanish took a step forward and accidentally tripped over the heavy lehenga.

'Oh!' Sana raised her hand and rested her palms over his chest. He moved his arms and held her waist. Sana felt shivers and slightly ticklish with his arms around her waist. She looked up and found Daanish still staring at her. She gulped and stared back into his eyes. This time she noticed something strange in his hazel eyes.

The time stood still for Sana, she couldn't move her gaze from Daanish's face. His eyes darted from her eyes to her lips and back again.

'I think the – lehenga -- is fine.' Sana looked away and pushed him gently.

'Oh.' Daanish blinked and took a step back. Sana felt his arms move from her waist and she relaxed. This encounter made her slightly awkward and goose-bumpy. She caressed her arm while not looking at him. Daanish placed the lehenga at the back of the chair and looked at her. He cleared his throat and Sana looked at him.

'I will see about dinner. What will you have?' He asked. Sana could sense discomfort in his voice and body language.

'Anything.'