Chapter 5

Hey guys!!! Here's a new chapter. Enjoyyy!!! Pic above is how I imagine King Caelestinus, father of the Dark Prince, would look like.

Dedicated to Lidwina_love43

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eve's POV

I hugged Alex as tightly as I could. The tears had dried up but I still couldn't believe this was actually happening. I couldn't believe how a person's life can change so much in just a matter of seconds.

We were going to be slaves, we won't live long.

Was this all life had to offer?

"I'm so so sorry Eve. Please be strong," Alex said, as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.
"What are you saying Alex? You're not the cause of this. Don't be silly," I sniffed.

"Yeah but I'm supposed to be protecting you. I'm supposed to be your guardian. And I have never felt so helpless in all my life." He sounded so worn out.

"Hey, look at me," I pulled his face closer to mine. "We're going to be fine. Okay? We're going to survive for as long as we can. We're going to survive together. You and me. Like always."

"Only you can sound so determined in a situation like this Eve." I smiled at that.

We were surrounded by beings of all kind. Young and old. Even a couple of werewolves. We were able to recognize them due to their eye color. Most of them have golden eyes. These two werewolves looked like siblings from what I can see.

They appeared to be scared but the truth is, they'll just probably join the army. Not suffer the life of a slave which the rest of us were bound to.

It took us an hour to reach the palace. All the while I held onto Alex's hand. They then took us around to the back of the palace where I'm guessing the slave quarters were located.

They waited for four more wagons to arrive before allowing us to get down. All in all there were about sixty of us.

I literally felt like fresh food.

We all had to write down our names, age and gender before they gathered us in the slave hall.

A few minutes later, the leader who came to our house went to the front.

"Alright!! Listen up!! My name is General Octavius! I'm head of the castle guards and the Royal Army! That's all you need to know about me!"
He spoke fiercely and with full of confidence. One look at him and you'd know that he wasn't someone to be messed with.

"From this moment on, all of you here can forget about the life you have lived! Forget about the life you've always known. Your old life, a few hours ago? Gone!! Things are going to be very different here!

Well first of all it is such an honor for you people to simply be here. To be chosen as castle servants to serve the Royals."

They still had the nerve to call us servants instead of slaves.

"Don't you people feel honored?!" he asked.

How sick could he possibly get?!