Chapter 21

Very sorry for the late update guys. I will post the next chapters once a week or once in two weeks. Will always be grateful for ur continuous support. Love you guys 💖💖💖.

Don't forget to comment.

############################

I woke up to Tonya gently shaking me awake. She looked very worried. As usual. I looked at her intently trying to keep my eyes open. I still felt weak but not as weak as....

Wait!

Tonya?!

I looked around and my thoughts were confirmed. I was at the quarters. The regular change of my location sometimes had me wonder if all that was going on was actually a dream.

Sadly I couldn't wonder too much. I had my condition and the bruises to prove it was reality.

"H...hi," I croaked.

"Hey," she gently caressed my cheek.

Her deep look and that simple touch of affection made a small crack to the walls I had built. My eyes welled up just by looking at her.

"I.....I don't know what to do anymore Tonya. I'm not as strong as I thought I was." I sniffled.

"Shhh, ssshhh. Don't say that Evie. You're the strongest one of all here," she wiped away my tears and played with my hair. I relaxed in her touch.

"I don't know.....how much longer..... I keep messing everything up.."

"Hey, hey. There's no way I'm letting my little sister fall apart. I can clearly see that this life is slowly killing you, but I will not let you fade away like this no matter what." She spoke just like a momma.

I smiled a little. She sounded so confident. "What could we possibly do Tonya? Absolutely nothing. I.....I don't know why he's doing this to me. I'm just a servant."

"Did that bastard take more blood?"

"Ssshhhh....someone could hear you. Why are you becoming like Kyle?" I whispered looking everywhere. To my relief the quarters was empty apart from me and Tonya. Someone must have given her permission to be here.

"Answer the question."

"No. Not in the recent days." I whispered more to myself.

"I don't understand. If he isn't taking your blood, why does he keep you then?" I looked up at her surprised.

"What? You don't return every night so there's only one explanation."

"Oh." I was a fool for thinking I could hide stuff from Tonya.

"Eve....has he ever....you know...has he ever hurt you like that?" It was so hard for her to get her sentence out.

"No. No he hasn't." But he has crossed the line many times. That is the only thing he hasn't done and I pray he wouldn't. Her question suddenly brought back memories. Memories of how he forced me to do things. She gently squeezed my hand and brought me back to reality.

"Eve what has he done to you? He's touched you hasn't he?"
Oh God, I didn't want to cry again but this conversation is making me to just do that.

"Tonya, I'm sure other servants have to go through situations like these too." I whispered unsure.

"So he has taken advantage of you." I looked the other way refusing to meet her eyes. I didn't want to break down.

"When was the last time Eve?"