Chapter 14

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗 XOXO. Lots of love!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

################################

I strode to the kitchen as fast as I could, even jogging some of the way. Once I got there, I quickly placed the tray where I should.

As I turned back to leave I spotted Alex washing the dishes. He stopped his work the second he caught sight of me.

"Eve!! What the hell happened to you last night?!" he demanded before he walked over to embrace me. "When Bethany told me you didn't return to your chambers I thought the worst." His voice cracked. His breathing was heavy and I could feel his hands tremble. My heart melted at his words.

"I'm so so sorry for worrying you Alex but I'm fine," I said as I rubbed his back soothingly.
It felt so good to be in his warm, comforting embrace. His hugs always made me feel a thousand times better.

However, it wasn't working now. I still had to go back to Him.

"I promise you I'm fine. I thought we agreed on not constantly worrying about each other."

"How can I not?! Especially if you don't return at night!" He admonished me.

"Are you sure you're okay?  He didn't do anything to you did he?" he questioned as he inspected my face closely and turned me around a few times.

"Alex stop it! I'm very grateful that I got to see you and I'm especially grateful that I got to receive your signature warm hug but I have to go now. Apparently I'm not done for tonight," I said and ran out before I wasted any more time with Alex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jogged all the way back to his chambers. I had unconsciously spent too much time with Alex.
The closer I came to his door the more fear crept into me.
I didn't know what he wanted or what he was going to make me do. My work was actually done.

Then why couldn't he just let me go?

I finally took a deep breath and knocked on his door.

"Come in."

I closed the door once I entered and gave a light bow while I kept my gaze steadily on my shoes. The atmosphere was chilly. Thank God I still had my cloak on.

I was waiting for his next command, whatever it may be. I just wanted to get this over with. My feet were aching and I couldn't wait to rest.

Just then, I realized how silent the room was. No words came out of his mouth. No movements were made. He just stood there, so still, a few feet away facing me.
I somehow felt naked. I couldn't bear his smoldering gaze. Once again, it made me understand what a deadly predator he was. And that I was probably at the top of his hunting list.

Despite not being able to look him in the eye, I still felt his burning gaze. Seconds past before he took a step forward.

It was such a sudden movement at that moment so I took a step back out of surprise. "You know you can't run. I own you now."

His voice chilled me to the bone.

"Even if you tried, you're no match for my speed," he taunted me as he took another step forward. 

Then another and another.

Until we were inches apart. I started trembling as I still couldn't understand what he wanted with me.

"Take off your cloak and hand that thing over." He commanded.
I stood still opening and closing my mouth. No words coming out. It was such a weird thing to ask and I sure as hell did not expect it. Deep down that wasn't the only thing that bothered me.