Chapter 40

Hey my lovely readers.

Thank you guys again.  Have a wonderful day ahead and God bless you guys.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

############################

Alexander's POV

Two days passed before the Queen arranged for another meeting. Me, Eve, Prince Phoenix and the King himself were going to attend. This was just getting bigger and bigger.

My brain refused to function properly. I didn't even know what was going on in Evie's head. She didn't say a word the whole day yesterday. She just followed me around the garden robotically and when the Prince came to pick her up, she simply obeyed, like a good servant. I hated seeing her like that. I know we're still servants anyway but she was being unresponsive again. No matter how hard I tried to make her talk or laugh, I only got back a slight nod. Nothing more.

Dinner time was getting closer and my nerves were all tangled up.

"Relax already!" Beth scolded. "It's going to be fine. You'll probably get a better explanation of how things are going to work from now on."

"They're most probably going to discuss about us leaving for Golden Haven Beth! That is just scary. I don't know what kind of a future I'm going to have. At least here, fate was already written." I told Beth. Then Tonya sat up.

"That's the best part! Think about all the grand stuff which could happen! You're the son of..." I didn't allow Tonya to finish her sentence.

"That is not confirmed. We only know that Eve is my biological sister and we're twins. That's all-"

"Whatever happens you're still fae Alex!" Tonya continued.

"So what. I don't feel any different. What the hell am I going to do once they drag the two of us before King Sindrion Celeste and Queen Aurora?"

"Bow!" Kyle blurted out enthusiastically. Like a kid who knew he got an answer right in class.

I just stared at him not saying a word. Tonya and India gave him slow claps.

~~~~~~~~

Prince Phoenix's POV

Dinner came quicker than anticipated. Once Odelle was finished with my Little Flower, I took her small hand in mine, leading her towards the great hall. The King, Queen and Alexander were already seated at the table. As we came closer, three pair of eyes fixed themselves on us.

"Evening." I muttered. Before I could pull a chair for my Little Flower, she was already taking a couple of steps to where her brother sat. I suppose she would feel more comfortable that way. So I pulled the chair on Alexander's left. Then I took my seat beside her.

The King sat at the head of the table of course. The Queen, to his right.

"Let's talk while we eat. I'm sure all of us are hungry," my mother spoke up. Breaking the tense silence. My father, the King kept looking back and forth between my Little Flower and Alexander.

"Stop doing that dear," my mother whispered to him.

"I am just getting a better view and trying to confirm some things," he said nonchalantly. "I am also taking a good look at the girl who captured my son's interest." He said teasingly. The Queen only shook her head at him and thankfully, he understood. I nodded at my mother appreciating what she did.

"Anyway I heard certain truths had recently been revealed to you. Important truths about your lives."

Alexander and my Little Flower remained silent. Neither of them looked up at the King. This made him look towards his Queen questioningly. My mother just shrugged at him.