Chapter 23 (Part 1)

Long wait I know. But here's a new Chapter!!!  Enjoy and I can't thank you all enough for all the love and support 💖💖💖😘😘😘😘💗💗💗. Please continue to comment your thoughts. Have an amazing day ahead. God bless.

############################

"Hurry up now, you don't want to be late now do you?" Ms.Odelle said sternly. Personally, I was worried for her. I didn't want to leave her alone with Lady Esther. I looked up at Ms.Odelle but the look in her eyes seemed like she wanted me out of that place, far away from the Vampire.

And so I left.

I strode over to His room as quickly as I could. I only had a couple of minutes to spare.

I hurriedly arranged his breakfast and waited for him. Nowadays, I don't really know what to expect. So I just waited.
Half an hour later I decided that he wasn't going to show up so I started with my chores. After knowing that Flower was healthy, my mood brightened.
Most of the heavier chores were done in a couple of hours. That too made me feel a bit more relaxed but still, I couldn't ignore the fatigue that slowly crept into me. I continued on anyway.

It had to be some time close to lunch when the doors burst open. I yelped in surprise at the loud noise. He walked in and went straight for the bathroom. I was completely caught off guard and didn't even have time to bow. Since I still had some time before lunch, I ran to the kitchen to get his meal.

By the time I got back to his room, I was completely worn out. My legs were trembling due to my weakened state and the lack of food. Nevertheless, I tried to appear as normal as I could. I knew I shouldn't have overworked myself.

Once everything was prepared, I stood at the side of the table while mentally willing my legs to stay still.
I body went rigid the second the doors to the bathroom opened. The smell of soapy fragrance filled the area. He stood at the door wiping his hair for a few minutes before putting the towel away. His whole demeanor seemed a little off today.

I couldn't figure out what but there was something. He took his time approaching the table, his steps slow. That only spiked up my fear.

As he reached close to the oval table, he stopped. He faced me not moving. I remained frozen in my spot having no idea what was in store for me.

"Have you decided to go on a diet?"

Huh? 

I blinked several times not knowing what to make of his question.

"Answer me," he started to walk around the table, getting closer to me. I feared the worst. Or at least I prepared myself for the worst.

"N..no Your Highness?" I couldn't understand.

"I've been trying to get food into you, but somehow you manage to keep losing weight. How is that?" he stepped closer until we were only a few feet apart.

I remained silent.

"Aren't you a little too tired today. Tell me Little Flower,  was there too much work?" he growled out the last part of his sentence. There was only one explanation for this odd behavior.

He knew.

He knew I worked for the Lady Esther. He just wanted me to admit it and God knows what he'd do to me.

He sauntered closer and closer then took two more steps towards me until my chest was slightly touching the fabric on his body. My eyes stared at his chest.