Chapter 52

Here's another update my lovely readers. Hope you enjoy and share your honest thoughts.

Have a wonderful day ahead and God bless you guys

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

"Good evening." I mumbled as I walked into the dining hall. They were just about to have dinner. Everyone except Phoenix. He said he would leave me alone with my family.

Heads instantly turned in my direction. Blushing due to all the attention, I slowly padded towards an empty chair next to India. She looked at me and began to fill up my plate while Beth grinned at me proudly. My parents gave me their sweet smiles. Everyone looked at me approvingly. All except Alex. He on the other hand, signaled that he was going to have a word with me after dinner.

I gulped.

~~~~~

"I'm okay now, I promise." I said for what felt like the tenth time. Alex just shook his head. We were both currently in his study.

"You just blocked everyone out Evie. What was I supposed to think? Why do you have to do that?" he asked with a hint of disappointment. I didn't blame him. We used to tell each other everything. We're twins.

"I was a mess and I didn't want to pull others into it." I admitted while taking a seat on the small couch. "Sharing your problems is not pulling others into it. Going through hard times doesn't exactly mean that you're a mess. Eve, if you're feeling down, don't shut others out. We're all here for you. Don't you remember what happened when you did this back in the castle?"

"Alex don't-"

"Your health started to deteriorate. I know I was a jerk back then but not anymore and you don't even have to tell me, you can share with the others."

"I....I know. It just didn't feel like the best option. It's not always that easy but I'll try next time. I won't shut you out again Alex." He stepped forward and gave me a warm hug. I closed my eyes and hugged my brother back. "You better not Evie. I am happy that you're feeling alright because Tonya and Kyle would not be pleased to learn otherwise." I sighed and hugged him tighter.

"I am pleased that he's here, you know." I didn't need to figure out who he was talking about.

"He seems to really know you and he understands what you need."

"He does...."

"You like him.....don't you?" We broke apart and I stared into my brother's calculative eyes. Why did his question frighten me?

"Yes, I do Alex." I said in a soft whisper, looking downwards. I didn't fully understand my feelings yet but I told my brother the truth. I like Prince Phoenix. Alex then slowly lifted my chin up. "What are you afraid of? You look pale."

Taking his earlier advise, I decided to open up. "I like him. I really do. I'm just afraid to......completely....fall," I bit my lower lip.

"You're afraid of falling in love with him."

"Yes. I'm more afraid of how fast it might happen.

Or maybe it's already being transpired between us." I hesitantly looked at Alex. "You're right I am terrified of falling for him and you know what? I'm going to fall really deep if I do. That scares me." I swallowed hard and looked away.

"Well, Eve it shouldn't," he took a seat next to me and let out a heavy breath.

"I experienced the same thing. When I realized how I felt about Beth. Gosh, I remember being shit scared and nervous about all my feelings. The only thing I was brave enough to do was write her cheesy letters." At this we both laughed.