Chapter 18

Hellooooooooo readers, here's another chapter for you. It's been long I know. Anyway hope you guys enjoy and freely let me know what you think. 💖💖💖💖

Here's a special shoutout to :

1.Rafoncel from The Philippines

2.Martine from Jamaica

3.Zuhairah from Brunei
   Darussalam

4.Abigail from Nigeria

5.Filipa Vilhena from Portugal

6.Hema from Malaysia

7.Reshay from The US

8.Heba from Syria

9.Jakob Dillsworth from The US

10.Michel from Mexico

I am soooooo happy to know some of you. Thanks for the comments about yourselves. 😘😘😘

############################

I was awake. I knew I was awake. I just couldn't open my eyes or move my body. I tried harder to pry my eyes open but the killer headache was making it impossible.

After some more time of me motivating my brain to lift up my eyelids, it finally worked. I unconsciously whimpered from the terrible pain. It wasn't only my head. It was like my whole body was on fire. Every muscle felt like they were tearing apart. I could feel myself starting to sweat from the pain. Another groan escaped my lips. I tried to concentrate on something particular just to forget about how I was feeling at the moment. Anything. I looked upwards to the ceiling. It was high and huge, with unique paintings here and there. My eyes took in its beauty.

Wait! Paintings?

I never realised how comfortable or warm the surrounding was.
That's when it hit me. I wasn't back at the quarters. I immediately tried to get up but my body wasn't working with me. Not only that, another wave of painful discomfort washed over me.

I groaned loudly. It was too much. However, the need to get out of this place was stronger. I used all the strength I could muster and pulled myself up. I barely moved before a strong wing blew passed and a heavy hand pushed me down.

"Don't you dare."

I'd know that cold commanding voice anywhere.

Please let it all be a dream.

I slowly looked to my right and there he was. I didn't look him in the eye. After what I witnessed last night, I'm never going to do it again. I knew he was probably glaring at me with those lethal orbs.

There was nothing I could do anyway. Plus the pain was still intense so I laid down and didn't dare move. He too sat in a chair right beside the bed. His form never faced anywhere else but me. Shortly after, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

A fairly tall, middle aged man walked in carrying a tray with one hand. His face didn't show much emotion. He seemed stern but could be friendly. I didn't know what to think about him yet. He looked around before his eyes landed on the small table near the bed. He walked over to where it was and put the tray on it. Then he carried the table, placing it on my side of the bed.

"That would be all for now Percival." The man bowed. 

"Yes Your Highness. However, I came here with a message. His Grace King Caelestinus would like to speak to you."