Meeting Neville's Family

It was The day before break and that night you started packing to go home with Neville .About a weak before brake came along Neville asked you if you would like to spend the vacation together. Of course you wanted to but you have to admit you were a little nervous to meet his Grandma, she didn't really strike you as a type of Grandma who hands out gifts every time she sees her grandchildren. Never the less you were going to go, your mom seemed to be perfectly okay with it when you had written her a letter asking her if you could go. Once you finished packing you went to go check on Neville to make sure he didn't forget to pack anything.

"It couldn't hurt if I was just in the boys dormitory for just one minute...." you thought to yourself.

You very quietly snuck up the stairs to see Neville going over a list you made him for packing.

"Got everything Neville?" You whispered

He turned around to see who was talking to he him and he looked a bit shocked to see you in the boys dorm.
"W-what are you doing up here!?" He whispered loudly

"I'm just making sure you haven't forgotten anything"
"Well no I haven't, we should get to bed, we've got to get up early in the morning."
"Okay Neville goodnight" he kissed you on the cheek as he also say goodnight.

You and Neville boarded the train at 6:30 meaning you had to wake up at five in the morning.It was no wonder you two were exhausted and took a nap on the way there. You leaned against his shoulder for one minute and the next thing you know you two were sound asleep. You guys woke up startled when the train horn went off. You hurried your luggage off the train with Neville right behind you. At first you had forgotten you weren't looking for your mom and you didn't exactly know how to tell who was Neville's grandma.

"Neville was does your Grandma look like?"

"Trust me I'll recognize her right away"

As if on que a older lady with a red handbag started waving at Neville and you frantically. He had a look of embarrassment on his face due to her clothing style. Without saying hello to you at first she seemed to study you, it was a little nerve racking as she was literally making circles around you.

"Grans this is my girlfriend your name"

"Nice to meet you Mrs.Longbottom" you had a nice smile on and had a hand out for her to shake.

"For you to have a girlfriend you must have learned some kind of magic..." she mummered just loud enough for you to hear nearly ignoring your hand.

Neville had told you before that his Grandmas thought he was a squib and but you thought there was no reason to think such a thing as of right now, after all Neville was going to Hogwarts. The first day seemed to go by painfully slow, it was clear she wasn't very fond of you yet and Neville was apologizing for not preparing you better. It wasn't till dinner that really set you off.

"How did a young lady like your self come across a nobody like my grandson?" She said with a very sassy tone.

Neville turned red with an ashamed look on his face.

"That about does it" you said finally showing some anger in your voice

"Excuse me?" She said with an bewildered expression on her face

"I'll have you know Mrs.Longbottom, that Neville is the top student in his herbology class, he always does his best in every subject no matter what, Neville is not a squib nor should he be treated like one. And in my eyes Neville is the love of my life and no matter how rude it to speak back to you in your own house I will simply not have you talk about him like that..... now if you'll excuse me I'd like to get some fresh air."

She looked astonished with her mouth open wide as if she was going to say something but you gave her no chance as you started heading for the door. Neville quickly caught up to and before he could even say anything you interrupted him.

"Neville I'm terribly sorry. What was I thinking she must hate me now..." you looked down at the ground with guilt flooding over you.

"Your name, don't worry it's my fault that I thought she could be nice just for one weak, I shouldn't have invited you for your own good. But, thank you for standing up for me." He gave you and the kiss on the nose before you two went back into the house hand in hand.

The tension was strong but you and Neville went to his room before something else could pop off. You two fell asleep in his bed with your usual cuddling positions. The next morning came quicker then you thought and you and Neville set off to see his "other" family members.

Okay well shots fired am I right? Anyhow this is only part one and part two will be out by tomorrow. Thank you guys for reading and please leave any suggestions. Peace out !✌️

-Tara