Father Daughter Day

Sorry for deleting the other Father Daughter Day chapter, it's ok that no one commented on it, just took me awhile to figure out what to plan next. I didn't want you guys to think I forgot updating...any ways thanks for understanding!

A weak after you went to the beach with Neville you've been at home alone with Remus. Your Mum works as a vet at a animal hospital and you could honestly say that you admired how hard your Mum worked for animals. It could even be your future job but for regular animals, and magical creatures too.

As far as you knew Remus didn't have a job since Hogwarts, at least not that you knew of. He's always at the house with you,so you couldn't see him having a job.

You woke that Friday morning already feeling lazy, but then again who isn't on summer vacation? You had to force yourself out of bed to go to the shower. After washing yourself up, and putting on some ripped jeans with a tank top and flannel you headed down stairs for breakfast.

Who knew how early Remus woke up because by the time you would get up he was already sprawled out on the couch.

You entered the fridge looking for ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes. Neville has spoiled you with his delicious ones, honestly they were the best. You pulled out the necessary ingredients and started to prepare the pancakes, you peeked over at Remus and then you looked down at the bowl and spoon you were using to mix the batter.

"H-Hey Remus, would you like any chocolate chip pancakes?" You asked raising the spoon and pointing it at him.

He peered up the couch with a heart warming smile "Would I! " He said excitedly

You let out a laugh as you poured some of the batter onto the hot pan sitting on top of the stove. You pulled out a spatula from one of the draws and was waiting to flip the pancakes.

"There breakfast is served!" You say happily with flour on your cheek. You were happy with the outcome, they may not be Neville's pancakes but they looked good! You also cut up some fruit to eat as a side dish.

Remus joined you at the table and you two stared at each other for a moment until you broke the glance by stuffing your face with a bite of pancake.

He looked down at his plate and started to shovel food into his mouth as well and in between bites he muffled "This st'ff is ama'zin"

You smiled and continued to eat your food.

After the two of you cleaned your plates from any side of food you guys planted on the couch.

"That was delicious y/n thank you!" He said as he patted his stomach.

"Your welcome Remus" you replied looking over at him.

His face hardened at the term Remus. Shoot.

"Sorry I-"

He cut you off "Y/n you don't have to call me Dad I understand. I wasn't there for most of your life and I'm really sorry. You don't know how many times I wanted to talk to you when I was teaching at Hogwarts, but I was just too dangerous. It's going to take a lot getting used to me I know. But I want to tell you that I'm not leaving again, I won't leave your mother or you ever again."

You embraced him in a bear hug, this is your Dad.

"It's okay Dad, it's ok" you said still hugging him as tears brimmed your eyes.

You pulled away to see him shocked "You called me Dad!!" He said with tears of his own in his eyes.

You smile "Yea I guess I did didn't I?"

"Hey I know this probably isn't the greatest moment to ask but....has your Mother told you what she thinks about me?" He asks running his hand through his hair.

A wicked grin spreads along your face. If your Mum and Dad were  going to set you and Neville up, why not set them up?

"Well she told me she really fancied your guys date the other night! You guys have a lot of history don't you?" You ask, that wicked grin never leaving your face.

"Well yea, we dated for a long time and then well you came along." He says chuckling

"So do you love her!?" You question him as he looks down at the ground.

"Of course I love your Mother I always have." He states but he looks like he's in a dreamy place.

"You- you should purpose!!!!" You yell with excitement coursing through you.

You know for a fact that your Mum loves him and she would be soooo happy. And now all that you wanted was for them to be happy together.

His eyebrows shoot off his forehead and his eyes look like they're going to pop out of their sockets
"I couldn't...we just told you I'm your Father. It's too much. I don't want to put you in that position."

You grab his shoulders and look him dead in the eyes "Forget about me! Think how happy Mum would be! You two both love each other, we could all he happy as a family!"

His jaw drops and his eyes roam around for a minute like he's thinking about it. "Okay" he whispers

"Okay I'll do it!" He says as he gets up from the couch.

"I'll be back when your Mum ask you where I am tell her I'm running errands! A-And Y/n?"

"What is it?"

"Thank you"

Alrighty that sums up this chapter! Comment, vote, and keep reading! Did you like that outcome? Because it took me long enough to think of it. Any who until the next chapter my Potterheads! Thanks for reading!    -Tara

Word count 986