Neville's 18th Birtday

First of all... I screwed this all up. I'm pretty sure Neville's was 17 in a few of the previous chapters but I guess he's turning 18 now! Meaning your 17 when he's 18. And the other birthday chapter I did doesn't exactly line up on the same date. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️. Sorry.

The day after the park. It was Neville's 18th birthday. You actually made him take you home last night so you could get his gifts ready for today. You got him a nice photo frame with a cheesy picture of you two making goofy faces, a book on Herbology of course, and some "muggle" succulents. You figured why not give him some other types of plants to study, he would love them either way.

You put on a simple emerald green dress that was off the shoulders, and went down to your knees. You gathered your items that you hand wrapped for Neville and put them in a gift bag . You carried the potted plants in one arm and the gift bag in the other grabbing the keys to the car. Hopefully he would be somewhat surprised.

~~Time skip to when you drive at Neville's house~~

You pulled into his drive way and picked up he gifts locking the car and knocking with your hip because your hands were full.

Neville's Grams opened the door and a smile slipped on to her face. She took the succulents out of your hands and put them on the counter you followed behind her setting the other bag onto the counter.

You crept up Neville's stairs trying to be as quite as possible and creeped his door open. Your dork was still sleeping like an angel in the afternoon. In your mind you were "awing" at his adorableness and a smile plastered over your face. You slowly got on the bed with him laying down next to him and lightly unnoticed your fingers through his hair.

It didn't take Neville long to wrap his arms around your waist a smile appearing on his face while doing so,out of instinct. His eyes fluttered open and both your smiles widen when you looked each other in the eyes.

"It really is my Birthday isn't it?" He asked running a hand on your cheek.

"Yeah silly it is your birthday, did you forget?" You cuddled up on his chest at his arms tightened around you.

"No not at all, it's just I woke up to the perfect gift"

"Your so cheesy!!" You giggled.

"And you love it" he sat the both of you up so he could wake up better.

"C'mon Neville, I gotcha a little something" you grabbed his hand and led him downstairs where his Grams was also cooking breakfast.

He sat down of his couch and waited till you set the gift bag on his lap. His smile brightened when he unwrapped the Herbology book.

"Is this the new edition of Herbology?" His eyes were wide with pure excitement.

"It sure is, but go on there's more." You said happily.

After opening all his gifts Neville showered you with kisses as a thank you.  "Thank you, thank you, thank you, your the best love!" He finally said pulling you in for another hug.

You laughed at his giddy ness that he had for his herbs, it was just too cute how passionate he was about it.

"So did you have any plans for the day Neville?"

He turned his head slightly and finished chewing his sandwich that he was currently eating " Well, I was thinking of visiting my Mum and Dad....but we could do something else-"

You cut him off before he change his mind "It'd be lovely to visit your parents Neville, really."

"Okay, as long as your okay with it"he got up from his chair and went to his room to change.

His Grams spoke almost in a whisper "You know I've never seen him so happy before. Please, when I'm gone take good care of my grandson" 

A little bit shocked you turned to her with pink cheeks " You can count on me"

Neville's footsteps were coming down the stairs and at one point there was a thud. "Bloody hell, I'm still clumsy as ever" he mumbled to himself.

He quickly got up and dusted  himself off "Y/n are you ready?"

"Y-Yea I'll be right there!" You replied back, you turned back to Mrs. Longbottom one more time before leaving off with Neville to S.T. Mungos.

Neville held your hand as you two entered his parents room and he gently squeezed it. His Mum and Dad were sitting down in chairs looking dreamily at he blank walls and you could see Neville's jaw clench.

Neville knelt down on one knee in order to hug his Mum who was still sitting down but she didn't even look at him, her stare was focused right at you. Neville co tinier over to his Dad and did the same process only his Dad focused on the white walls.

"Why don't you just sit down for a minute love, I'll only take a moment" he said lovingly.

You simply nodded you head and sat down in a chair across he room fiddling with the ends of your dress.

~~~NEVILLE'S POV~~~
My Mum got up from her chair and sat at her bed and I joined her on the bed while I had the opportunity. Her stare was still focused  on Y/n till she finally pointed to her and smiled looking over at me.

I followed her printed finger on Y/n and smiled to myself "She's the one" I whispered.

My mum now turned to me and fidgeted with her left hand, she pulled out my hand spreading it open and dropped something in my palm. Must be her usual candy wrappers I thought to myself.

But when I looked down at my palm it was my Mum's engagement ring. She pointed at Y/n once more and for a moment  it felt like my Mum was back with me. I hugged her tightly and slipped the ring into my pocket.

Bloody hell.

We left S.T. Mungos walking back to my house, the sunset slowly disappearing and the ring still in my pocket and I felt really nervous for just carrying it. What if I loose it?

I opened the door for Y/n and we walked into the house.

"Alright Neville, I should probably get going" she said grabbing the car keys of the counter but I grabbed her wrist.

"Please stay, please?"I gave her a sheepish smile.

"Fine, but know I only do those things for you!" She  teased me as you set the keys back down and headed to my room

I followed behind her  and closed the door when she plopped on my bed. She  started to fondle with the end of her  dress again "Hey Neville can you lend me some clothes to sleep in? I really don't want to sleep in a dress.."

"Sure" I walked over to my drawers and pulled out a t-shirt with my plaid pajama bottoms.

I handed them to her and stared taking of my shirt so I could get comfortable as well. I pulled the ring quickly out of my pocket and set it in one of my drawers and I continued to take of my clothes with her just staring at me.

"Well go on" i teased her.

"I'll just change in the bathroom.."

"But it's my birthday, can't I have one more gift?" I smirked.

She whacked me on the shoulder giggling "Don't get too cocky Longbottom!" before walking off to the bathroom.

We finally settled in my bed getting comfy as I wrapped my arms around her waist and she rested her head on my chest. This could never get old. Her eyes started to slowly close and before she fell into a deep sleep she whispered "Happy Birthday Neville"

Wooh! Extra long chapter for you guys I hope you enjoyed it! Please don't forget to comment, vote, make suggestions that you want to see in the future and please keep reading!!! Thank you all for reading and until the next chapter!!! -Tara

Word count 1361