Professor!?

Your face was over took with shock. Never in any of your years at Hogwarts has a teacher come to your house. Sitting on your couch like nothing.

"Hello y/n" he says giving you a kind smile and a wave.

Still shocked you stared blankly at him. "Mum?!" You yelled as you began frantically running around the house to find your Mum.

"Y-yes dear?" You hear her voice coming from the laundry room. You rush over there to see her loading some clothes into the dryer ever so casually.

"Oh Hi Mum. So there is a professor-Well used to be Professor  sitting on our couch. Am in trouble at school or something?" You question.

So many ideas are running through your head.

"Oh! Yeah! Heh I nearly forgot about him" she said slightly laughing and scratching the back of her neck. She finally started the dryer and turned to you giving you her full attention.

"Right well right now seems like a good time for you to hang out with Neville? So how bout it..... call him up!" She says cheerfully. She's acting weird or should  you say weirder. "Me and your Professor have some important things to talk about in the meanwhile, don't worry your not in trouble"

"Neville doesn't have a phone and if I write to him it won't get to him on time..... S-Should I just leave the house for a little orrrr?"

If your aren't in trouble then why is he here...? He's not exactly a professor at Hogwarts anymore so I guess it couldn't be that your in trouble. But still maybe your just overacting but it's a little odd...

"Well that's too bad. But yes please be a dear and go out for awhile go shopping or something just for a little Okay sweetie?" She says placing a hand on your shoulder giving you a sympathetic look.

"R-right okay Mom I'll have my phone on me....so I guess call me when I can come back home..?" It leaves your mouth more as a question.

"Yea I call you. Have fun!"

This is all so strange. You go upstairs to grab your phone and your purse. You walk out the door and start to walk to the mall. Thank goodness it was close by. The whole way to the mall you couldn't help bu wonder why your moms acting so strange....and why is your old Professor at your house. Who knows maybe your just overthinking the whole thing.

Instead of going to the mall you go to  cross the street to go to the Barnes and Noble. Yes instead of buying way over priced clothes your going to buy books. Reading should distract you. You walk down the tall shelf's filled with books organized by their genres. You went down your favorite aisle that was for (your fav genre of book).

You started examining all the title names of the books on their binds looking for one that interested you. You started to pick one up when someone sneezed almost making you drop the book entirely. You looked to your right  and saw a big bushy haired girl. Huh you had a friend with big bushy hair. Oh wait! That's your big bushy haired friend!!!

"Hermione!" You whisper shout seeing as in your a library. You run up to her and embrace her in a bear hug.

"Were only a few hours into our Holiday and where do I find you? A library of course!" I laugh and she starts to smile.

"I've missed you! It's only been like a few hours but I missed you!" She says laughing

"Wait Hermione do you live near by!??!" You almost yell making other people passing by glare at you.

"Yea... don't tell me you live near bye too?!" She says her face lights up with excitement. "We've been friends for how long? And we only now realize we live so close together!!

"Ugh" you say as you face palmed yourself. "We could have been hanging out this entire time I live a few blocks away. Wanna go get something to eat?" You ask her hopeful that she'll  say yes because your pretty hungry.

Before she could answer your phone started to ring. You unzipped your purse and grab your phone to answer. Your Mums calling you.

"Hey Mum....can I come back home now?" You whisper into the phone. Your still in the library and people were already getting angry with all your racket.

"Yea sweetie. Why are your whispering...? You know what just come home will be waiting for you. See you soon bye" she hangs up.

Oh boy what did they have in store for you.

Hermione curiously looks at you as you place the phone back into your purse. "I'm sorry Hermione  hate to be rude but I'm needed back at home. Maybe we could meet up soon. I'll write to you." You quickly ramble and give her a hug then rush out of the store.

Heh did you think I was going to give the Professors name away right of the bat? Nope your just going to have to wait till the next chapter!! Mwhahahah! Hope you enjoyed this chapter please keep reading!! And don't forget to vote, comment, or leave any suggestions!! Thanks for reading and until next chapter!! -Tara

Guys!! Ik readers are you kidding me??? Thanks for all the reads I really appreciate them, I wasn't really going to work on this book if people didn't like it...so hopefully your enjoying it!! Thank you all so much!

Word count 940