Say Amen

I wanna be who I couldn't say I'd ever been.

▪▪▪

Finn was so tired of meetings.

They were a constant thing though, so he was used to it. He rolled out of bed as he heard the doorbell ring for what was probably the hundredth time. This was a last minute meeting that was called last night at almost midnight. He completely forgot about it of course and now he was annoyed at the fact that he had agreed to letting them come this early. He made his way across the cold floor in nothing but his underwear, his feet practically dragging beneath him. The smell of last night's pizza flowed from the kitchen and Finn grimaced.

"I'm coming!" He yelled out as the doorbell sounded throughout the apartment again. He got to the door and threw it open with a grumble.

"It's about time."

Finn rolled his eyes as he let in Pia, his publicist, and Mark, his manager. He couldn't help but notice the smell of Pia's strong perfume automatically fill the room, along with Mark's somewhat musky scent. He had always had a weird thing with smells. He could catch the slight smell of someone's perfume or favorite food and that's all he would need to have memories flowing back through his head. Everything had a smell, good or bad.

The two walked over to the living room with their binders in hand and sat on the black couch in front of the glass coffee table.

"Do you ever clean your apartment?" Pia asked.

"Didn't I give you guys keys?" Finn ignored Pia's question as he sat on the couch across from them.

Mark nodded, "Yeah you did, and then you changed the lock because you said we came by too often."

Finn chuckled a little, "Oh yeah, now I remember."

"We have serious things to talk about today," Pia said pulling out papers from the white binder she had set on the table. She was always more about business and acting professional but Finn knew deep down she cared for him.

"Don't we always?" Finn said with an eyeroll.

Mark got up and walked into Finn's room before coming back with a black t-shirt. Mark was more laid back than Pia but he knew when to be serious. They evened each other out well.

"Put some clothes on at least."

He tossed the shirt to Finn who sighed but complied and slipped it over his head. He rubbed his eyes and let out a loud yawn.

Pia looked at him and sighed before she walked over to the giant windows and opened the curtains so the sun could shine in. Finn covered his eyes and groaned.

"Too bright!"

Pia rolled her eyes and sat back down, "Alright listen up because you know I hate repeating myself."

Finn nodded and sat forward with his head resting on his hand tiredly.

"Calpurnia's album is being released almost a year from now," Pia stated to which Finn nodded.

"Of course, we have to do the usual press, interviews, and red carpet events," Pia continued, "and this time, we want to make it bigger."

"Bigger?" Finn said with a raised eyebrow.

Pia nodded as she pulled out more papers, "We need to get your name out there more. Of course, people love Calpurnia, but that might not be as reliable as it was when you guys released your first album. There's a lot more competition now."

Finn nodded along with her words, "Okay? So what does that mean?"

"What's one thing that is constantly in the media?" Mark asked. Finn shrugged and shook his head to which Pia sighed.