Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control

You're thinking about everything, aren't you?
I know it's crazy, just don't think of it like that
Nothing has to mean anything.

▪▪▪

It was a slow morning.

Finn and Millie had been lying in bed for the past three hours, talking to each other about anything and everything. Finn couldn't get over last night. He was content with Millie here with him. She was being so open and comfortable, something that he knew was hard for her.

"Your phone is ringing," Millie pointed out.

"I know," Finn replied.

Millie watched as he continued to look at her. She raised her eyebrows, "Are you going to get it?"

"Ugh, fine," Finn groaned tearing his eyes away from her. He reached over to the side table and pulled his phone off, seeing Mark's name on the screen.

"Hello?" He answered with a bit of annoyance.

"Uh calm the attitude," Mark said.

Finn sighed, "Sorry Dad."

"Don't get sarcastic with me, I can put Pia on the phone," Mark threatened.

"No, no, continue," Finn said quickly.

Millie scooted closer to Finn, making him glance at her momentarily.

"Long story short, we have things to discuss and Millie's parents are coming too," Mark said.

Finn sat up, "What? Why? What things?"

"We'll talk about it when we get there. We'll all be there in about two hours," Mark said.

"Two hours? Is it really that important?" Finn asked as he threw the blanket off of him.

"Yes, see you then," Mark replied before hanging up.

Finn sighed and checked the time.

"What happened?" Millie asked curiously.

"We have two hours before Pia, Mark, and your parents are here," He said getting up.

"What? Why are they coming?" Millie said getting up.

Finn shrugged, "He said we have things to discuss."

"What kind of things?" Millie asked nervously.

"I don't know but I have to shower and everything," Finn said running his hand through his hair. He was worried about what they had to talk about and whether it was bad or not.

"Me too," Millie said as she followed Finn and got out of bed.

He looked around at the room, "I'll clean up while you take one."

He was nervous about this. He didn't know what they had to discuss and he was worried that it was going to be something bad. Millie seemed to realize his nerves building up.

His eyes flickered to hers as she walked up to him. A small smile came over the both of their lips as she stood close. With a fast movement she got on her tiptoes and pecked his lips quick.

"It's probably just to discuss yesterday or something. We did make it "official" so that's probably what it's about. Don't worry, okay?" Millie tried to reassure Finn.

He sighed and nodded, momentarily forgetting his worry. His mind was stuck on the fact that she just kissed him. It was so casual and he loved it, he couldn't get enough of it.