Wasting Time

My baby’s insane
She brings all the rain
She just got home
She threw it all down the drain.

▪▪▪

Halloween was Finn's favorite holiday.

He had never done a concert on the day of though. Calpurnia was closing the show at the biggest bar in Canada, something that was still smaller than they were used to despite it's title. Ayla had sprung it on the band last minute, saying that her uncle was running it and needed one last band to join. She immediately volunteered them, and the tickets sold out in no time once their name was slapped onto it.

Millie was thrilled.

She had never seen the band perform together. Sure she had seen them in the studio but going to one of their concerts seemed like an even better time. Finn had told her that they were nearly done with the album, their cut off being January so that it could be released late February.

"You're sure you don't want me to come with you now?" Millie asked.

Finn shook his head as he looked at Millie through the open window of the car, "No, the show isn't until eight anyway so you'll just be sitting around for three hours while we set up and go through soundcheck."

Millie nodded, "Okay. See you then?"

Finn leaned forward and pecked her lips before holding his pinky up. Millie linked her own his and gave him a slight smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too Mills, bye," Finn replied before they released their pinkies from each other's.

Millie watched as the car drove off before she turned to go back inside. She was immediately greeted by Rosie as she opened the door to the Wolfhard's house. She smiled as she walked to the kitchen where Mary and Nick were.

"Excited for the concert tonight?" Mary asked as she placed a plate of sandwiches between the two.

Millie nodded as she thanked her and grabbed one before taking a bite out of it.

"Yeah, I haven't seen them perform in a long time," Nick said, "They're going to do great."

Millie nodded, admittedly a little nervous for the concert. She liked the way that Nick was so supportive though, and she hoped she could be seen as the same. She never really got nervous for things like this, but this time she was for Finn. She knew he wasn't too fond of huge groups and she knew the crowd was supposed to be decently sized.

"We leave in two hours so make sure you two are ready," Mary said as she walked out.

Rosie came into the kitchen as she left and Millie smiled as she put her head on her knee. She pet her head and the dog sighed in contentment.

"Have you ever had a dog?" Nick asked.

Millie shook her head, "No. I've never had a pet besides a fish when I was like six. It died."

"Harsh," Nick said.

Millie nodded, "I think I'm going to take a nap before we go."

She got up after finishing her sandwich and went towards the door.

"Rosie's going with you I guess?"

Millie stopped shortly and looked down at Rosie who was at her feet. The dog looked up at her with wide eyes and Millie looked back to Nick with a laugh.

"Yup."

▪▪▪

"I wish I would have known that some people were wearing costumes."