Landslide

I know you're sad and tired
You've got nothing left to give
But you'll find another life to live
I know you'll get over it.

▪▪▪

Finn looked like he was doing good.

Millie watched as he smiled at the interviewer, his hands in his lap and his eyes focused on her. She looked him up and down as the camera was zoomed out on the two. She noticed the way that his hair looked extra curly and his skin was practically glowing. Millie could feel a sense of relief wash over her. She just wanted him to be okay and he looked like he was doing well.

"Millie we have to-" Millie's mother came into her room, her eyes traveling to the screen.

Millie looked at her with wide eyes. Her mother hated Finn now after the fact that Pia had rejected the offer on behalf of Finn of still going through with the contract. She had wanted to pay them just so they could cover up for Millie but Pia said no, knowing Finn had already been through too much with the whole contract.

"Why are you watching him?" She asked with a tone of disgust.

Millie swallowed, "I-I-"

Her mother grabbed the remote and turned off the television, throwing the remote on the bed and shaking her head.

"He's no good and he's gone, only used you for the career boost. Now come on, we have a meeting with-"

"I'm not going," Millie said shaking her head.

Her mother's eyebrows raised and she crossed her arms, "Excuse me?"

"I'm not going. And you can't make me," Millie held her ground.

She had been standing up to her mother a lot more recently. She didnt really have anything to lose, so she was doing more of what she wanted for once rather than what her parents wanted. Besides movie promotions, she had been home a lot, stuck in her old room with nothing to do.

Noah called a lot, having gotten over his initial anger with Millie. He was pissed that she had hidden everything about Jacob, but he understood for the most part after he let her explain. He had seen her as often as possible, coming almost every weekend to stay with her.

Sadie had been a no-show, even when Noah invited her. She was angry with Millie, and there wasn't much anyone could do to change her mind. Noah and Caleb had attempted to talk to her, but it was really to no use. Millie had cried about everything for the next couple days after seeing Finn. She couldn't get herself to do anything, and her parents were no help. Noah and Caleb seemed to be her only sources of happiness as of recently, but they both knew what Millie really needed.

"I don't know why you think you call the shots around here but you better straighten up little girl," Her mother said sternly.

Millie didn't say anything, only grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on. Her mother sighed and slammed the door, leaving Millie to her own.

She watched as Finn was asked about how he rose to stardom and how his band was created. He spoke animatedly about it all and Millie knew he was being genuine. He loved his music and he talked so passionate about it, something that made Millie's chest ache as she watched. She missed listening to him ramble about music. He did it all the time when they were together and now she realized just how much she missed it. She missed their conversations and the way they flowed so easily.

"It's like as soon as I'm on the stage I'm this whole different person, you know?"

I nodded and glanced towards Finn where he was hanging onto the side of the raft I was lying on. We had been swimming for most of the morning, and now we were relaxing in the water, having conversations about everything and anything.