Try A Little Tenderness

All you got to do is, man, hold her when you wanna
Squeeze her, don't tease her, never leave her
Get to her, got, got, got to try a little tenderness.

▪▪▪

Finn and Millie were happy to have some alone time.

It had only been two days since they got home from Canada, and Millie was leaving the next day for some photoshoots she had out of state. Finn would leave the day after that, off to lots of meetings with Calpurnia about their album in Chicago. They had the night together though, since Grace was off doing who knows what. They were on the couch now, cuddled up to each other under a huge blanket.

"You know it's summer time and we always seem to have blankets on us," Finn said.

"That's because we're always way too lazy to turn the air conditioning down," Millie giggled.

She shifted so she could see Finn's face better, her back against his chest.

"It's so far," Finn said dramatically, making Millie roll her eyes.

Finn's phone dinged and he looked towards it, "Will you give me that?"

Millie reached for it and handed it to him. He opened up Pia's message and sighed.

Pia: Channel 9

He grabbed the remote and changed it, his and Millie's faces automatically popping up on the television.

"...in an aquarium. There has been a lot of disapproving comments made on the leaked video, and the two are yet to speak out on it. It was really just an innocent kiss though, followed by some sort of promise. Fans are speculating what the promise was about, and many have come up with theories after zooming in to read the two star's lips."

Millie sat up straighter and watched as a blurry video that was obviously a surveillance tape from the aquarium came up. She watched as they talked on the floor, luckily the video having no sound. They got up, small smiles on their faces, and then walked towards the door to the next room. Finn stopped and pulled Millie to him, the two sharing a kiss that lingered for a few seconds before Finn pulled away. They kissed once more before their foreheads rested together for a couple seconds and then they pinky promised. The clip went back to the reporter and she had her eyebrows raised.

"The clip doesn't seem like a big deal, but for some it has caused quite the ruckus."

Finn shut the TV off before he could hear any more, annoyed at the whole thing. Millie chuckled under her breath as he stood up.

"Don't you ever get tired of it?" He said as he started to pace.

"Tired of what?" Millie asked as her eyes followed him.

Finn stopped for a second, "The fans picking apart your life, our lives. I get it, they want to support us but there's a line that they shouldn't cross."

Millie nodded, "But that's what comes with this kind of life Finn. We're living out our dreams and this is what comes with it."

"I didn't ask for this, I'm pretty sure you didn't either. This whole thing is bullshit!" Finn said raising his voice.

Millie was off of the couch quickly,grabbing Finn's wrist. He flinched away, his eyes wide. Millie sighed and he relaxed as she grabbed his hands in her own.

"Why are you so worked up over this?" She asked quietly.

Finn looked down, "Because sometimes it's just too much Mills...sometimes I just wish I wasn't who I was you know?"