There For You

I got you, I promise
Let me be honest
Love is a road that goes both ways
When your tears roll down your pillow like a river
I'll be there for you.

▪▪▪

Finn was worried about Millie.

He knew something was up at lunch because she seemed so on edge, especially when he invited her to Gaten's concert. Something on her phone was bothering her and Finn was dying to know what it was. He didn't really want to get in her business though. He was scared that he would anger her and end up back where they started.

"That's the third time you've checked your phone and the movie started six minutes ago," Gaten said.

Finn looked at his phone again and ignored Gaten. He messaged Millie almost thirty minutes ago yet she still hadn't answered. It was a simple message, one just asking if she was alright.

"What are you so worried about?" Grace sighed and paused the movie. She sat up on the couch and waited for Finn to answer.

He unlocked his phone and opened the messages again, being disappointed when he still hadn't recieved a reply, "I texted Millie and she still hasn't answered."

"She's fine Finn, she probably just fell asleep or something," Grace said.

"She's always on her phone though, so I doubt she didn't see the message," Finn retorted back.

"If you're so worried then just go check on her. Didn't you say her hotel was close?" Grace said with annoyance.

"I can't just show up at her hotel, that's clingy," Finn shook his head.

Grace really just wanted to finish the movie they were watching. She looked to Finn and sighed, "Well I guess if she needs your help then you'll never know."

Gaten looked to Grace who raised her eyebrows expectantly in a silent plead for help. She nodded towards Finn discreetly and Gaten realized what she was trying to do.

"Yeah, like what if she's being held hostage right now? You won't know until her face is plastered everywhere tomorrow," Gaten said dramatically, playing along with Grace.

Finn shifted in his seat. He checked his phone again before getting up, "Okay I'm going to check on her."

Grace and Gaten were barely even able to get out goodbyes before Finn had grabbed keys and was out the door. He took the stairs down, not wanting to wait for the elevator. He exited through the back of the building where there was a small parking lot. It was already dark now, and he sighed as he walked through the lot. He looked between his two options, his car or his motorcycle.

Finn hardly ever rode the motorcycle. It was a spurt of the moment type of buy, and he had probably been on the thing only about five times since the purchase. It was more of a quick way to get around New York anyway, so his first option was usually the car. Even then, he didn't drive the car much either. He usually always had a driver. It was too short of notice for a driver now though. Finn would probably go crazy waiting.

He lifted up both keys and then decided on the motorcycle. He wanted to get to her quick and he knew the New York traffic would only slow him down. It was harder for people to recognize him too. He opened up the seat and lifted the plain black helmet out. He slipped it on over his curly hair and pulled the shield down for his eyes. After throwing his leg over it and starting it up, he was off.

He had to admit that it was always new driving the motorcycle each time and he hadn't necessarily ridden it enough to have gotten the hang of it. He managed it enough to weave his way in and out of traffic though, getting to Millie's hotel in around ten minutes. He went to the back, figuring it'd be easier to go through there in case someone recognized him. He hung the helmet over the handlebar, moving too fast to care if someone took it.