Ribs

You're the only friend I need
Sharing beds like little kids
Laughing 'til our ribs get tough
But that will never be enough.

▪▪▪

Finn wanted to know everything about Millie.

They had been asking questions back and forth for a while now. He hadn't asked any too big since the first one though; he was a little scared that it would be too much. He was risking it now though.

"Why act super sweet if you aren't actually like that?" He asked.

Millie sighed, "My publicist says it's better for my image."

"I mean, I get being nice but you're like completely perfect when you're in public or if there's cameras," Finn said.

"That's just how it is Finn. If I'm perfect all the time, they can't put out anything negative about me in the press," Millie replied.

"Bad press is still press."

Finn said the words that had been repeated to him a countless amount of times by Pia since he had met her.

"What?" Millie said in confusion.

Finn repeated himself, "Bad press is still press."

"As true as that is, it's definitely not something I want to go by," Millie shook her head.

Finn shrugged, "It's what I go by, makes me worry less about what I do. I'm only human so there's going to always be things released about me that aren't up to par."

Millie looked at Finn with a small smile, "That's really admirable you know?"

Finn shrugged again, "I used to worry a lot about what people said about me. My publicist Pia trained me to get over it though. I hate reading things about myself now because it just feels a bit self absorbed. Nothing really bothers me anymore."

"Wish I could say the same," Millie mumbled just loud enough for Finn to hear.

"You can, you just have to practice it," Finn said, "For example, you can't look at every single article or gossip channel segment that comes out about you."

"I do not look at-"

"Millie that's the only thing I've seen you watch on TV so far. And whenever you're on your phone you're reading something about yourself," Finn accused.

Millies face grew a bit red and she rolled her eyes, "So I like to know what people are saying about me, big deal. I told you I have an image to hold up."

"And you think I don't? The whole world thinks I'm some big bad boy that doesn't give a shit and I'm like the complete opposite," Finn said.

"You talk with your hands a lot," Millie commented.

"That's besides the point, stop trying to change the subject! Millie, you have to let loose a little and just enjoy things. Having to worry so much about what other people think and say is tiring," Finn said throwing his arms up. She was trying to change the subject and he didn't like it.

Millie sighed, "It's so hard though. I've been doing this since I was young. I don't know if I can just stop."

"You don't have to just stop, you have to slowly build into stopping. I'll help you," Finn offered.

Millie groaned. She wasn't sure if she could do this. Finn looked so hopeful though and he seemed like he genuinely wanted to help her do this. She nodded finally, which caused Finn to smile.