Just a Couple Friends

Just a couple friends and we're hangin' out again.

▪▪▪

The doorbell had Finn groaning as he got out of bed.

"I can never get one second of sleep, I swear to fucking god," he muttered as he practically stomped out of his room and to the front door.

He swung it open, expecting to see Pia and Mark.

"Wow, you're looking like a whole mess this morning."

Finn rubbed his eyes to see if he was seeing correctly. He removed his hands and he smiled a bit at the two standing in front of him.

"Grace? Gaten? What are you guys doing here?" He said as they smiled back.

Gaten pushed passed him and walked straight to the kitchen, "I was hoping I could get some breakfast."

Finn opened the door wider for Grace and she walked in after hugging him hello.

"Jesus Christ Finn, do you ever clean your apartment?" She said as she looked around at the mess.

Finn shrugged, "I did last week."

"How many days have you been home since leaving Chicago?" Grace asked as she started to pick up the dishes in the living room.

"A week, why?"

"A week and you have this much mess? Do you even leave your apartment?" Grace said in disbelief.

Finn nodded, "yeah I just haven't in a couple days."

"I can see that," Grace said carrying the dishes to the sink.

"Dude you have no food what the hell have you been eating?" Gaten said.

"Takeout...you know I'm too lazy to cook," Finn said leaning against the counter.

"You just don't try," Grace remarked.

"Well if you guys are so concerned then why don't you cook? Damn," Finn said with an eyeroll. His friends were very overbearing, and they were always nagging him about how he could improve things.

"We will then, as soon as this place is cleaned up," Grace said turning the water on in the sink.

"No let's get breakfast first," Gaten moaned with annoyance.

Grace sighed and turned the water off, "Fine let's go. Finn, put some clothes on."

▪▪▪

After a full breakfast and a thorough cleaning of Finn's apartment, the three sat in the living room with some game show playing in the background.

"So Finn, you've been quite the topic in the media lately," Grace said.

Gaten nodded but didn't say anything. Finn knew exactly what they were getting at. He was all over everything lately with Millie. He sighed at the fact that he wasn't supposed to tell them anything about the contract. He knew he could trust them, of course, but he didn't want to go against his word. Plus if Pia found out she'd probably kill him.

"So I have been..." Finn trailed off.

"So when were you going to tell us that you were hanging around America's Sweetheart!" Grace said.

"I don't know it's nothing really," Finn started.

"You yelled at paparazzi Finn, and you had her at the recording studio. I'm kind of hurt that Calpurnia got to meet your new girlfriend before we were able to," Grace rambled quickly.