Peach Scone

I love the thought of being with you
Or maybe it’s the thought of not being so alone.

▪▪▪

Finn couldn't sit still.

He had gotten home a couple of hours ago and was now waiting for Millie. Grace had finally went home, not wanting to intrude on their time together any longer.

He walked around the big house, making sure everything was straightened out before Millie got here. He never cleaned, so this was new for him. He thought he did a decent job, yet he was still patrolling the place to make sure that nothing was out of place. He heard a car pull up and he jogged over to the window fast, looking down and seeing Millie stepping out of the car.

He smiled widely and ran out of their room, taking the stairs down two steps at a time. He felt like a kid on Christmas but he didn't care. As soon as he got to the bottom the door was opening up, and he stopped shortly as Millie walked in with her suitcase in tow. She shut the door, not looking up until it was completely closed.

Their eyes locked and Millie automatically smiled before letting go of the handle of her suitcase and walking over to Finn. Without words they were hugging, Finn's arms around her waist and her arms up around the back of his neck. He nuzzled into her hair a little, taking in her familiar coconut scent.

"I've missed you," Finn said.

Millie pulled back a little and nodded before kissing him sweetly, "I've missed you too."

They pulled apart and Finn grabbed Millie's suitcase before starting up the stairs. Millie looked around as they passed different rooms, her eyebrows raised.

"The house is clean," she commented.

Finn nodded, "I cleaned so that you could come home worry free."

Millie smiled a little, "Cute."

Finn laughed and they made it into their room before Finn put the suitcase down.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

Millie shrugged, "Not really."

"Good because we're going out tonight."

Millie gave a small smile, "Oh, are we?"

Finn nodded, "Yup. I realized I've never actually taken you on a real date so now is my chance to since we aren't busy tonight."

Finn had planned the whole thing out. He knew he wouldn't be able to wait long so he planned it for the night they'd both be home after a week. It wasn't anything big, but he hoped Millie would like it. He was going to finally tell Millie he loved her, and he was nervous but excited. It took a lot of convincing from Jack, Ayla, and Malcolm but he decided he should just do it before he blew up and accidententally let it slip.

"And who said I was going to agree to this?" Millie joked.

Finn's face fell momentarily before he saw Millie giggle.

"I'm kidding Finn, of course I'll go on a date with you," she said.

Finn nodded and looked at his phone for the time, "We leave in half an hour."

"What do I wear?" Millie asked.

Finn looked her up and down, "That's fine."

Millie raised her eyebrows and looked down to her sweats and tank top with a sweater, "Are you sure?"

Finn nodded, "Unless you feel like changing."

"Okay and should I do hair and makeup or no?" Millie asked next.