Super Far

Up all night on my mind got me thinking
Wanna stay, can you give me a reason?

▪▪▪

Finn was ecstatic.

All of his doubts that he had before getting to Canada were seemingly long gone. Millie and his parents were getting along well, and he wouldn't change a thing.

His mom had hesitantly let Millie sleep in his room after compromising with the fact that they had to leave the door open at all times. Finn didn't mind, he was just happy that he could sleep with Millie by his side. It was more in his arms though because the bed was much too small for them not to be squished up against each other. Was that an issue? Not really.

It had been two days since they had arrived now, and the whole group was going to go out and see a movie tonight, but Finn's mother decided she was going to stay to make dinner. Millie saw this as an opportunity to impress her. She had volunteered quickly, telling Mary that she had seen the movie already anyway.

"And you're absolutely sure that you can make dinner all by yourselves tonight?" Mary asked Millie with raised eyebrows.

"Of course. It's only spaghetti, how hard could it be?" Millie nodded with a confident smile.

Mary chuckled, "Okay well we'll see you two later then."

She started out the door, stopping once she got to it and turning back around.

"And Finn?"

"Yes Mom?" He replied back.

"No funny business."

Finn sighed, "Yes mom."

She smiled and kissed the both of them on the head before following the rest of the group out. Finn listened as the cars pulled away and then turned to Millie before making long strides to get to her. She looked up as his hands went to her hips. He leaned down, kissing her hard. She took a step back from the pressure, her hands going to his chest and pushing back against it slightly.

"Told you I'd get that kiss," Finn said proudly.

Millie rolled her eyes and pulled away before starting towards the kitchen. Finn grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into his arms, his lips landing on hers once again. She smiled into the kiss and pulled back, her brown eyes meeting Finn's.

"Someone's clingy," she laughed.

"You've been depriving me for two days," Finn scoffed, "You wouldn't even let me kiss you before bed!"

Millie shook her head, "Because I'm trying to be respectful!"

"Millie we kissed at the Met when there were probably a hundred cameras. It was broadcasted on TV and plastered on every magazine, I'm sure my mom has seen it," Finn argued.

"That's not the same," Millie laughed before pulling away, "Now let's make dinner."

Finn sighed but didn't argue, knowing that this was kind of important for her. He followed her into the kitchen where there were all of the ingredients laid out across one of the counters.

"Okay, so first we have to start the water for the noodles," Millie said looking at her phone.

"Are you looking at a recipe?" Finn smiled in amusement.

Millie nodded, "I don't know how to make spaghetti."

Finn rolled his eyes, "What happened to "it's only spaghetti, how hard could it be" huh?"

"Well, do you know how to make it then?" Millie crossed her arms.

"Duh. It's like the easiest thing to make. First things first, you have to make the meatballs," He opened up the refrigerator and grabbed out a pack of ground beef.