Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

▪▪▪

Exhaustion was inevitable.

It was expected after a twelve hour day in the studio though. Finn wasn't able to get as much sleep as he had planned to either because of his and Millie's impromptu sleepover. The two didn't get to sleep until around two in the morning. Not to mention on top of that, Millie had somehow forgot to mention to Finn that she had to be up at four in the morning because her stylist was coming to glam and dress her.

Finn was annoyed beyond belief when he woke up to Millie getting her hair done and talking enthusiastically with the stylist. He wasn't supposed to wake up for almost another two hours, and it was practically impossible for him to fall back asleep once he was up. Millie had at least taken it upon herself to get them both coffees.

She had been wide awake then, and she had been for pretty much the entire day. She was quiet and more to herself for the most part, watching Finn and his band create music was intriguing to her. She was already so fond of Finn's voice and it had only been two days. It was raspy and different, something some people wouldn't like, but something she knew fit him and the sound of his music perfectly. She had bought every song of Calpurnia's that she could off of iTunes, making a mental note to listen to them all later when she was alone on a flight or something.

It was the end of the day now, almost hitting eight o'clock at night, and Millie's lack of sleep had finally caught up with her. She was curled up on the couch that sat behind the producer, her phone held up against her chest protectively.

"Aw, she looks like a little puppy or something," Ayla commented as the four of them walked out of the recording studio.

"She's been up since like four am," Finn said shaking his head. His phone dinged and he looked down at it before sighing, "The car is here."

He walked over to Millie and shook her shoulder a little, "Millie, we have to go."

She mumbled out something incoherent and flipped over so her head wasn't facing him anymore. Finn sighed and shook her again, this time not saying anything. She let out a long groan and swatted at nothing, clearly still very much asleep.

"Just carry her," Malcolm said like it was nothing.

"Do you even know me? Strength isn't something I acquire," Finn joked. He was being honest, he lacked in the strength area.

"Well unless you're going to sit here until she gets up, which doesn't seem like it's happening anytime soon, that's probably your only option," Jack chimed into the conversation.

Finn sighed. He could probably handle carrying her to the car. She didn't look big anyway, she was actually really small. He took off his jacket and handed it to Ayla.

"Once I got her in my arms, put it over her so most of her face is covered," he instructed her.

Finn knew that Millie wouldn't want to be photographed sleeping like that. He was really just trying to hide her face for her since she was still getting over the whole image thing. He crouched down to her level and put one of his arms under her legs at the back of her knee, the other arm going to her back. He started to pull her closer to him, her face going to one of discomfort before she turned towards him more and her arms subconsciously went around his neck and held on tight. His eyes widened as she nuzzled into his chest comfortably before letting out a sigh of relaxation.

Finn couldn't help but take in her usual coconut scent mixed in with what he decided was 'Millie' from the night he met her. He hadn't smelled it last night when they shared the bed. He only smelled the hotel's cheap shampoo and conditioner then, so it was somewhat soothing to have it back now.