Feel Like a Fool

They say don't blame the player but he played the game.

▪▪▪

The morning was slow.

Millie's original flight for Friday morning had to be cancelled because she and Finn had shown up too late. Now it was for tonight, and she had the day at Finn's with her friends and his. Her makeup artist had to come by later to glam her up, and her friends found it weird to see her not all dolled up for once.

After the initial awkwardness of Grace's neverending questions, Millie had showered and borrowed some of Sadie's clothes since her suitcase had to be picked up from her hotel. Why her friends didn't bring it was beyond her, but she didn't mind.

They were all sat at the table now, an assortment of breakfast foods laid out in front of them. They ate in silence, the only sounds being utensils hitting plates and the sipping of juice. Gaten was the first to get up. He walked over to the TV and turned it on, sitting himself down with a plate full of food in his lap. Grace followed next, gesturing for Sadie to follow her. The whole group ended up over there, the food now spread out across the glass coffee table. Finn and Millie were both squished on the black love seat, eating their food in silence while Gaten flipped through the channels.

"-Wolfhard have been the talk of-"

Gaten flipped the channel fast, knowing Finn wasn't too fond of seeing himself on television.

"Wait, go back," Finn spoke up surprising both Gaten and Grace. He switched the channel back and everyone's eyes were then on the TV.

"But is this couple really a match made in heaven? Are they even a couple at all? We've compiled all the proof you need to decide for yourself."

Millie and Finn looked at each other, somewhat interested in the gossip show now.

"You're actually going to watch this?" Grace asked Finn in disbelief.

He shrugged, "I mean I want to see their proof."

Millie laughed lowly and nodded, "Me too."

She wouldn't admit why she really wanted to. She knew that he was going to watch it. He always watched the stories on her because he liked to know what she was doing all the time. She crossed one leg over the other as the intro to the show finished and then the blonde host came back on.

"Okay, let's start from the top. Millie Bobby Brown, America's favorite little Brit who isn't very little anymore. That's right, she's a full blown eighteen year old now as of last month when she had an extravagant party to celebrate in LA," the host said as the screen showed different pictures of Millie at her party.

Finn saw her with Sadie, Caleb, and Noah in some. He wondered if he had seen them at all that night. The next picture that flashed on the screen was them together dancing.

"What are you doing there?" Grace laughed loudly at the picture.

"You know I can't dance!" Finn defended himself. Millie put her hand on his arm and he looked to her with a smile.

"This party is where the two were first seen together. They posed for a picture together in which fans were quick to criticize and point out that Wolfhard did not look happy at all."

Finn bit his lip. He had just met the girl, he didn't know how to act at the time.

"This was quickly shut down though when the two snuck away from the party and were spotted on a balcony outside the building together. This picture was posted on snapchat of the two, smiling as if they had known each other for years," the host said as the snapchat selfie flashed onto the screen.