Woman

Promises are broken like a stitch is.

▪▪▪

Finn was sad.

Grace had tried to cheer him up and get him to dance with her but he wasn't giving in. He had been sitting at a table in the corner of the club they were in for about an hour now, downing what was probably his third drink of whatever the bartender kept bringing him.

"Come dance already," Grace said as she walked up to Finn.

He shook his head, "I told you I don't dance."

"Please?" Grace said giving him puppy eyes.

Finn shook his head again, "Grace no, I just want to sit here and drink my drink."

Grace looked to the two empty cups next to Finn and the one that he was currently holding. She walked away then without a word, swinging her hips as Finn watched. He saw her sit at the bar next to some guy and put her hand on his arm.

Finn raised an eyebrow as the man looked at her and smiled immediately. He and Grace talked for a little, Finn sighing when he saw Grace get up and turn towards him, two shots in her hands. She really did use her looks to get drinks. Finn could see the man staring at her as she walked away from him. He made a face of disgust as the man caught his eye and looked away from Grace quickly.

"I'm not taking either of those," He said sipping at his own drink as she got to him.

"You need to loosen up some more. You're worked up over your girlfriend not skyping you when she probably just went to bed and forgot," Grace said with an eyeroll. She pushed one of the shots towards Finn and raised her eyebrows.

She's right, he thought. He let out a sigh and picked up the shot, making Grace smile excitedly. She picked up her own and they tapped them together before throwing their heads back and swallowing the contents of the tiny cups.

Grace put out her hand, "Now let's have some fun."

Finn looked to her hand and then back to her smiling face. Without much thought he nodded and placed his hand in hers, letting her drag him out onto the dance floor.

▪▪▪

Pounding.

That's all Finn could hear and the sound echoed in his head. He opened his eyes, the light streaming in through the windows in the living room hurting them. Someone was at the door, which explained the pounding he heard, and they didn't sound too happy.

He rolled over and sat up on the couch, looking to the other couch where he saw Grace still fast asleep with her arm hanging off the couch. He stood up, his head pounding along with each hit on the door.

"I'm coming!" He called as he put his hand to his head. He threw the door open and came face to face with Pia and Mark. He sighed inside his head, definitely not wanting to deal with them right now. They walked in quickly, making Finn grow just a little annoyed.

"Yes please do come in," he said sarcastically as he closed the door.

"Sit down."

Finn raised his eyebrows as Mark spoke. Mark was never the one to talk to Finn angrily. He was always laid back but serious when he needed to be. Now he just sounded angry though. Mark pointed to the chair at the dining table and Finn obeyed immediately.

Oh shit this is serious.

"Where were you last night?" Mark asked as Pia started to pull out papers.