My Boy

My boy, my boy, my boy
Don't love me like he promised
My boy, my boy, my boy
He ain't a man and sure as hell ain't honest.

▪▪▪

Finn didn't mean to fall asleep.

He did though, and that left Millie to her own. She got up, staying as quiet as possible as she tiptoed to the bathroom and closed the door behind her. She pulled out her phone and went into her contacts. With a few taps she had the phone to her ear, the familiar ringing sound flowing through.

"Hello?" A voice said making Millie smile.

"Hey, it's me. Millie."

"Hey, I saw you on TMZ, why are you in Chicago?" The voice asked.

Millie sighed, "I had to come here. I'll be here all week with Finn."

The voice groaned, "The whole week? That's so long."

"I know, I know, it'll go by fast though, don't worry," Millie said reassuringly.

"It better, you can't even imagine the things-"

"Millie?" Finn's voice rang out from the room.

Millie jumped, nearly dropping her phone to the floor.

"I'm in the bathroom!" She said before putting the phone back to her mouth, "I have to go, Finn is awake."

"You're in his room? Why?" The voice over the phone said with a bit of anger.

"Uh technically it's our room-" Millie started but was cut off.

"So you're sleeping with him? I should have known, goodbye Millie," the person said with annoyance.

"Wait-" Millie said but they had already hung up. She looked at the screen and sighed. Why did Finn have to talk? She threw the bathroom door open and walked into the room where Finn was sitting at the edge of the bed. His hair was wild, and Millie couldn't help but smile a little at the sight of him. He was like a small child when he just woke up, confused and disoriented. She momentarily forgot about her phone call as he started to talk in a gruff voice.

"I was going to go get something to eat, did you want anything? Or did you want to come with me?" Finn asked.

"Like out? Why didn't you just order room service?" Millie asked with a face.

"Because I don't order room service. I already told you, I like to be as normal as possible," Finn said.

"Normal people order room service. And like I already told you, there's no such thing as normal in this industry," Millie fired back.

Finn rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. He walked over to the window and looked out. The sun was just starting to set. That's not what caught his eyes though. What caught his eyes was the group of people with cameras in their hands outside the entrance of the hotel.

"How did they find me?" He muttered to himself lowly.

"They probably followed me. We just have to get by them and into the car, come on," Millie said tugging Finn's arm.

He didn't budge and Millie looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I already had to deal with them today, I don't want to do it again," Finn said quietly.

Millie was about to tell him he was being dumb but she stopped shortly when she really looked at him. His face was distorted into one of worry, something she noticed earlier at the studio. She ran the scenario from then through her head again. Malcolm had told Finn directly that the paparazzi were outside. Millie hadn't thought much of it earlier but now she realized just how much the paparazzi bothered Finn.