Myself

I think I'm losing my mind
Trying to stay inside the lines.

▪▪▪

The plane ride home was nothing like the one there.

Grace sat with Gaten and Finn in the back, now extra clingy to the two. They didn't mind though, it's just how she got when she was hurting. They checked on her every hour or so, making sure that she was alright.

Millie was in the front with the others, everyone quiet. Grace wasn't talking to her or Noah because she decided to put the blame on them. She knew it wasn't their fault, but she needed somebody to blame besides herself. The tension was thick because at this point everyone knew that Sadie had basically rejected Grace, and they didn't know what to do. Sadie wouldn't talk to anyone, not even Caleb. She had always been the closest to him, so it surprised Millie and Noah when she wouldn't open up about the whole thing when he asked.

Millie looked over to Sadie with a sigh. She looked around the plane and then tapped Noah next to her.

"We have to get Sadie to talk."

Noah raised his eyebrows, "She isn't going to talk. You saw how she ignored Caleb."

"Yeah well maybe she just needs a little more of a push," Millie shrugged.

Noah sighed, "We can try."

Millie got up with Noah following and went to where Sadie was sitting. They sat in the two empty seats in front of her, making her look up momentarily before looking back down. She had earphones in her ears and Millie tapped her knee to get her attention again. Her blue eyes looked up and looked to Millie and Noah quickly before she looked back down. Her hand went to her phone, and Noah and Millie watched as she raised the volume of her music.

Millie scoffed and pulled the earphones out, making Sadie let out a "hey!" in annoyance. She gave Millie a look before reaching for the earphones. Noah was quicker though, and he grabbed the things before she could.

"Give them," Sadie said sternly.

Noah shook his head and stuck them in his pocket.

"Not until you talk to us," Millie said.

Sadie sighed, "There's nothing to talk about."

"We all know theres something to talk about," Millie replied with annoyance. She wasn't going to let Sadie just avoid the whole thing.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sadie played dumb.

"We need to talk about what happened with Grace," Noah said straight out.

Sadie's jaw clenched and she looked down at her lap.

"What happened exactly?" Millie asked.

"Like you guys don't know," Sadie replied shaking her head.

Noah sighed, "We don't! And Finn won't tell us because he said Grace doesn't want us to know."

Millie nodded, "All we know is that you rejected Grace."

Sadie sighed and looked down again. She was quiet for a few seconds before she looked back towards where the sliding doors were closed where Finn, Grace, and Gaten were. She looked back up to Noah and Millie before she spoke.

"How is she?"

Millie shrugged, "From what Finn said, she was pretty bad."

Sadie sighed and looked back down again with a troubled look evident on her face.