Someday

Promises they break before they're made.

▪▪▪

"Hey Mills."

Finn got comfortable on his hotel room bed as he looked at the screen of his laptop. Millie gave a small smile and little wave.

"Hey."

Millie's hair was wet and her face was bare, indicating to Finn that she had just showered. He rested his chin on his hand and sighed internally.

"How's Florida?" He asked. The conversation was weird already, and they were only a couple words in.

Millie shrugged, "Alright I guess. How's Chicago?"

Finn shrugged himself, "It's good."

Millie nodded, "That's good."

A silence came over the two, and Finn could feel the awkward tension growing. He spoke up fast, not wanting it to go on any longer than it had to.

"So about last night," he started.

Millie nodded, "Yeah about that."

The silence came again as they both seemingly tried to think of something to say. Finn didn't like this. They were perfectly fine the last time they saw each other, and now one night was making it all weird.

"I want to apologize first," Millie said in a quiet voice.

Finn nodded, a little happy about the fact that she was going to say sorry.

"I didn't Skype you last night because I was so tired after my flight. I ended up falling asleep and I'm sorry for that...I know we pinky promised and those are the most sacred," Millie said all at once.

Finn nodded, "It's okay."

Millie locked eyes with him in surprise. That was too easy. She raised her eyebrows and Finn smiled a little.

"I mean, I'm just glad nothing bad happened to you, you know? I'm not going to be mad that you fell asleep. I was worried last night but you're okay, so that's all that matters," Finn explained.

Guilt. The feeling was back and Millie felt it at a higher intensity than before. She wanted so badly to tell Finn the truth but she couldn't.

"Okay," Millie nodded.

"So I'm assuming you saw the pictures with Grace?" Finn asked.

Millie nodded, "Yeah I did."

"And you know Grace is not into guys like that, right?" Finn asked.

Millie giggled a little, "Of course Finn. The pictures didn't bother me, don't worry."

"Okay good," he said in relief.

"I honestly was worried because I thought you went out just to get back at me for not calling," Millie laughed.

Finn shook his head, not being able to keep his own laugh.

"I'm definitely not one for revenge, babe."

Millie smiled and nodded. The silence once again came over them. Finn and Millie both knew what they needed to talk about but neither of them wanted to bring it up.

Finn was the first to take the risk, "So I saw the pictures of Jacob."

Millie sucked in a breath and nodded slightly, "Yeah me too."

"Not that you would but did you meet him by any chance?" Finn asked nervously. He was scared of the answer because a small part of him was telling him it was true and she did. Even if she did, he trusted her completely, but it was just the thought of him being with her in the same place that bugged him.