So Far So Good

Now two two ten one five, couple hours can change your life.

▪▪▪

Finn was dressed to the nines.

Cory, his stylist always knew how to make him look his best. She was one of the best stylists in the celebrity world, and Finn liked to make sure she was exclusively his. Not to mention she was down to earth, something Finn thought was a good quality that was hard to find when you were in this business and around so many famous people.

He pulled on his grey blazer sleeve before bringing his hand up to his mouth. Nail biting was something Finn had tried countless times to stop doing, but he could never seem to shake the habit. Whenever he was nervous that was his first response.

"Okay, she's apparently one of the sweetest celebrities out there, hence the title of America's Sweetheart. You don't want to go too off-brand but you don't want to be a dick to her either. There will be cameras at all times so remember that," Pia went over the basics with Finn.

He nodded and muttered out a "sorry" as she smacked his hand away from his mouth.

"You're hitting it off with her, so you can't have the resting bitch face you usually have. Look interested, okay?" Mark said to which Finn nodded.

"Mark and I won't be going into the actual party with you so you're on your own tonight. If you need any help or have any questions, go to the restroom to use your phone, cameras can't follow you in. Make sure it's empty first. The last thing we need is this whole thing blowing up in our faces," Pia said as Finn looked out the window.

He could see the flashing of cameras up ahead and sense of anxiety rose in his chest. He hated the paparazzi. They always seemed to turn things different than what they were, and they knew nothing about privacy. He got it, they were just doing their jobs, but it was tiring having to constantly avoid them. The car pulled up in front of the carpet leading inside, and Finn took in a breath of air.

"You'll do fine, don't worry. Remember everything I told you," Pia said before Finn nodded and then the car door was opened.

The flashes came fast as he stepped out of the slick black SUV. Questions were automatically thrown at him from both sides as he kept his head held high and his hands in his pockets. He glanced back a bit just to make sure Pia and Mark were behind him. Mark gave a small smile and Finn relaxed just a bit.

"Finn, to your left!"

Finn glanced to the left slightly, keeping his face calm as cameras flashed. They were inside in no time, and Pia was leading him by all the interviewers, not wanting him to stop.

"You're excited to be here and meet Millie for the first time. You were surprised when you got the invitation but glad that she had thought of you," Pia whispered into Finn's ear as they got to the door that lead into the party.

"We'll have a driver come back around one in the morning, so I'll call," Mark said to which Finn nodded.

The two turned to leave, and Pia called over her shoulder before Finn walked in, "Remember what I told you!"

▪▪▪

The party had been going on for about an hour now, and Finn was yet to see Millie.

He decided not to drink in fear of saying something he shouldn't in front of the constant cameras that were shoved in his face. He never understood why reporters were allowed into some of these events. They were a nuisance.

The place was nice, Finn had to admit. It was decorated with light pinks and golds and whites, making the place look clean despite the many sweaty people who were drunk off their asses. Finn didn't expect so many people to be drunk, considering it was an eighteen year old's party and most of the people here weren't yet twenty-one. The place reaked of alcohol though, and Finn didn't like it much. The smell was putrid.