You Bet I Stare

She looks at me then she looks away, she doesn't care.

▪▪▪

Sleepless nights had followed the two's reunion.

That was to be expected though. They hadn't seen each other in a week, so they spent every second they could making up for it. They were together every second, sometimes talking and sometimes not. They couldn't get enough of each other and they both knew it.

"We have to go soon..." Finn whispered out of breath.

Millie leaned back in and kissed him heavily, using her arms to pull him closer. Finn's hands ran up and down her thighs that were on either side of him, Millie having him practically pinned in place on the couch.

"Five more minutes," Millie said as she pulled away before going back in.

Finn pulled back after a quick kiss on the lips, "As much as I'd like to continue this, we said we'd meet them at two and it's already one thirty."

Millie sighed, "Fine come on then."

She climbed off of Finn and ran a hand through her hair before running up the stairs two at a time. Finn followed, watching as she rushed around the room to put on some converse and some mascara. He slipped his own shoes on, the two finally leaving.

▪▪▪

"I thought you said Sadie wasn't coming!" Finn whispered in Millie's ear as they exited the car.

"No, I told you she was. You said that Grace wasn't coming so that's why I invited her," Millie replied back.

"Grace is coming," Finn groaned. He knew this wasn't going to play out well.

"Well they're adults, they just have to learn to deal with each other," Millie said as they almost reached the table.

"Hey guys," Sadie said standing up as they reached the table. They hugged her hello and then Noah and Caleb stood up too.

"We haven't heard from you guys all week, what happened?" Caleb asked.

Finn and Millie looked at each other before shrugging, "Just been busy."

They sat down, waters being placed in front of them immediately. It was a sunny day, so they were seated outside of some fancy restaurant under an umbrella. Millie's parents said that they hadn't been in the headlines as much as they'd like them to be so they decided to go out with friends to assure the fans that they were still together and thriving.

Finn looked past Sadie where he could see Grace and Gaten walking towards them. Grace gave a small wave and a smile before her eyes shifted and landed on the back of Sadie's head. She stopped and started to turn around, but Gaten caught her by the waist before she could.

Finn watched in amusement as Grace tried to worm her way out of Gaten's grip. Gaten held Grace tightly and spoke some words to her, making her roll her eyes and nod. He sighed and let go of her, making her smack his arm and walk towards the group of friends.

"Hey guys," Grace said hugging each one of them. She locked eyes with Finn over Sadie's shoulder as she hugged her, giving him a weak thumbs up when he asked her if she was okay silently.

"So what are you guys going to get?" Gaten spoke up after everyone fell silent out of awkwardness. The tension between Sadie and Grace was thick and nobody knew how to handle it.

"I think I want the chicken salad," Caleb said looking over the menu.

"That sounds good," Millie said as she flipped through her own menu.