C.B. Q & A

I got a lot of questions (thank you) so I answered all the ones I could. Some answers are lengthy sorry. After this I have a very long thank you note thing lol.

(Edited some of these a bit the second time around lol)

1. Favorite chapter you wrote?

City of Stars was definitely one of my favorites but I think Writer in the Dark tops them all. I felt really accomplished and satisfied after writing it. It was the point I knew I wanted to get to when I started the book (but we'll get to that later).

2. Do you hate Millie?

Of course not?? Like her character in the book could be frustrating sometimes but I never hated her, she was learning from mistakes & still is. I love all my characters oops. Millie is great irl too though.

3. Who was the person Millie called?

Someone who cares about her.

4. What about Scout?

What about him? He's w Finn.

5. Who was Millie talking to at the end?

Someone who cares about her.

6. Were there alternative endings you considered?

Not necessarily. I knew I was leaning towards an unhappy ending since I started but I wasn't sure exactly how if that makes sense.

7. What ending do you like more, Paperboy or City Boy?

I will always have a soft spot for Paperboy because that was a simpler time and I absolutely LOVED writing that book (not that I don't love City Boy though).

8. What was your favorite part about writing City Boy?

Being able to come to it whenever I just needed time to myself. After updating was the best time because I could just be in bed and read your guys' comments & reactions. I loved the feedback and I loved replying to your comments.

9. Were there any films/books that helped give you inspiration for City Boy?

Not that I can think of.

10. Did you know where you wanted to go with the story or was it coming to you during the process?

Okay this answer will probably be long so prepare yourself for a bunch of rambling because I can't explain myself well at all.

So when I write I usually have somewhat of a plan. For this book I had the one point I knew I wanted to get to (that was the interview w Finn after the breakup where he freezes up). You could see that I put that teaser in Paperboy at the end (no it's not there anymore). I knew that that was the point that I wanted to get to & I knew that Writer in the Dark was a chapter I wanted to reach before then. What I DIDN'T know was how I was going to get there. I have a note in my phone called City Boy (that will be inserted here):

 I have a note in my phone called City Boy (that will be inserted here):