Stay Together

Nothing lasts forever
But wouldn't it be nice to stay together for the night?

▪▪▪

Millie was acting weird.

Finn knew right away. She was holding his hand and standing as close as she possibly could whenever she got the chance. Was she really trying to play it off this well? He didn't think she'd go to this extent but he couldn't be too sure.

They were coming to a part of the aquarium where the sharks were, and Millie was admittedly just a little bit scared. She stuck close to Finn with her arm linked with his loosely. They entered the dimly lit room that looked more like a hallway, the arch-like ceiling being a complete shark tank that was lit up with blue lights.

"There are over five hundred known species of sharks to date. Although the movies and media make it seem like they're vicious animals, they are actually more afraid of us than we are of them," Iris said.

Everyone listened intently as she spoke, taking in some of the hundreds of facts that she had spilled so far today.

"How do you remember all of this?" Grace asked as she looked around.

Iris shrugged, "I've always been interested in the sea so I kind of just gained knowledge throughout the years."

"It's like the perfect job for you," Finn nodded.

"Right? I would never shut up about the ocean so now I don't have to," Iris laughed, making Finn laugh too.

Millie scooted closer to Finn. She didn't like the fact that they were so normal around each other.

"Some sharks do travel in groups to give them a better chance when hunting but there are a select few that would rather travel alone," Iris said.

Finn walked up to the glass that the sharks were behind and put his hand on it as a striped shark passed by.

"Pretty right?" Iris came up next to him.

Finn nodded.

Millie shook her head, "Sharks are scary."

"Really? I think they're really just misunderstood," Iris said.

"Nope, definitely scary," Millie said as a huge shark passed by them.

"I think they're amazing," Finn said watching it go.

Millie glanced at him with an annoyed look overcoming her face as she saw that Iris was smiling at him.

"Let's go to the next room," Millie said pulling his arm a little.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked so only she could hear.

"Nothing why?" She snapped back with a little too much anger.

Finn rolled his eyes and kept walking, rather annoyed with Millie and her ever changing moods today. She sighed and caught up to him before linking her fingers with his when Iris got a little too close for her liking.

The group moved to the next room with a large circular pool in the middle.

"We can touch these?" Noah asked excitedly.

Iris nodded, "Yes, just the top of them though. Some rays enjoy being pet and will even come up to your hand for you to touch them."

Grace put her hand in the water, touching a stingray automatically. Noah and Sadie joined her, sticking their hands in the water as well.