Paris

I don't know if it's fair but I thought “How
Could I let you fall by yourself
While I'm wasted with someone else?”

▪▪▪

Paris.

It made sense. At least to Finn it did. Millie had gone through hell for the last couple weeks and he wanted to make her happier. She insisted that she was fine but he could tell she wasn't. She carried herself a little slower and he could see her face every time she looked at her phone. She was defeated to say the least.

As soon as Grace heard about Paris though, she practically begged Finn to go. She insisted that she'd leave them alone, as long as she was able to bring Gaten and Millie's friends that is. Finn had agreed after making Grace swear that they would let him and Millie have some time to themselves.

"So I figured tonight we could maybe walk around and see the lights and save the more touristy things for the rest of the week?"

Millie nodded at Finn's words. She stretched her arms above her head and then flopped back onto the huge bed in the room. They had gotten the penthouse, something Millie found surprising since Finn was usually trying to be as 'normal' as he could possibly be.

"Everyone is swimming right now though, do you want to go down for a while?" Finn asked.

Millie automatically nodded and stood up, "Swimming sounds so great right now."

Finn smiled as he could see her eyes light up.

"Alright let's change and go then."

▪▪▪

"So they're okay now?"

Finn shrugged at Caleb's question. The two watched as Grace sat on Sadie's shoulders and Millie sat on Gaten's. They were playing chicken, and Grace screamed in triumph as Millie was knocked off. She fell back off of Sadie's shoulders and came back up, the two high fiving.

"They seem fine to me," Finn said.

"Yeah that's good. Sadie was so nervous about talking to her again but I'm glad they finally did," Caleb said as he leaned back on his chair.

"Agreed. Grace was dying to know what Sadie said when I talked to her," Finn sighed.

The two were quiet for a couple seconds.

"So Noah wasn't able to come?" Finn asked breaking the silence first.

Caleb nodded, "He's still in high school. Senior year is important."

Finn nodded, "I always forget he's still seventeen."

"Babe come in! Caleb you too!" Millie came to the edge of the pool with a smile on her face.

They both stood up and walked towards the edge of the pool.

"Is it cold?" Caleb asked.

Millie splashed him with some water and he screamed in surprise.

"I don't know, is it?" Millie said with a laugh.

"You're dead!" Caleb yelled as he jumped in.

Finn watched in amusement as Caleb chased Millie around the pool. He wasn't going to catch her but he was trying hard. Millie stopped momentarily and looked to Finn.

"Come on!"

Finn smiled and watched as Caleb reached Millie and pulled her underwater. He laughed in amusement as she came back up laughing the laugh that he loved to hear so much. She had the same look he had missed a lot recently. The one where she was in pure bliss, all of her problems forgotten.