Electric Love

Drown me, you make my heart beat like the rain
Surround me, hold me deep beneath your waves.

▪▪▪

Finn was on his way home.

He had been pretty busy the whole day, running around trying to get everything he would need for Millie's surprise. She was at some meeting right now and Finn knew he was running out of time. He was almost home now though, and he couldn't help but glance at the passenger seat every minute or so.

He got to the front gate that lead into the community they lived in and flashed his ID at the worker.

"We're almost home, to your new home," Finn spoke as they pulled through the gate. He glanced over to the seat again and sighed.

"Millie, your new mom, she's—well she's going to love you...at least I hope so," he said.

He smiled as he said her name, and he shook his head with a laugh, "I don't even know why I'm talking to you like you're going to answer...I mean you're a dog."

He glanced over to the small puppy that was sleeping, the seat belt buckled over it just in case. Finn let out a breath of relief as he pulled up to the house with the puppy in one piece. He grabbed the small animal and then walked into the house, looking around.

"Uhh..." he said quietly as his eyes landed on the couch. He walked over to it speedily and set the dog down before putting his hands up, "Just...stay here."

He ran back outside, grabbing all the supplies he had bought today. He set them by the door, having to take three trips in and out. He wasn't sure what they would need, so he got a lot just in case. He glanced at the couch as he came in from the last trip, his eyes widening.

"No!" He yelled as he saw a trail of liquid forming underneath the puppy.

He scooped it up, yelling again as the dog continued to pee and got it on his sweater.

"You really just peed on me! What the fu-"

He cut himself off as he heard the lock to the door click. He looked to it, scrambling to get the dog hidden before Millie came in. He had managed to forget the pee that had dripped onto the floor though and his foot stepped it and slipped from under him.

"Shit!" He said as he felt himself falling. He held the dog up, not wanting to accidentally crush it in the process. His butt hit the floor hard and he could automatically feel the liquid seeping through his jeans. The front door opened up and he looked to it with wide eyes, Millie looking down at her phone as she came in.

A small bark was heard and she jumped, her phone slipping from her fingers and hitting the floor. She locked eyes with Finn who tried to catch the puppy that had managed to fumble its way out of his hands. Her eyes went to the little thing bounding towards her clumsily and her mouth dropped open in shock.

"Hi," she whispered out as she bent down to its level. She looked up at Finn in confusion.

"Surprise?" He said shrugging.

"He's mine?" Millie asked, her eyes wide as as she reached her hand forward carefully.

Finn nodded automatically, "If you want him to be."

She sat on the floor with her legs criss crossed, the small puppy making its way into her lap. She whispered out another 'hi' before petting its head and looking back up to Finn who was sitting across from her.

"What's wrong?" Finn asked worriedly. Millie's eyes were red and he could see tears ready to spill at any second.

She shook her head and a small smile came over her face, "You got me a dog."