The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home

Well hey there mother mine
Your kids are sick but they're gonna be just fine
I said possibly not if you keep raising them this way
You're just leading them to die, oh your disbelief and dismay.

▪▪▪

Things had been...better.

At least that's what Finn thought. He had been trying so much harder to make sure Millie was content. It had been almost a month, and the days passed by slowly as Finn and Millie spent time together at home to forget the awkward month before. Millie felt terrible for almost breaking it off with Finn so she was trying her best to make up for it. Finn could tell she was putting effort, but he could also tell that there was still something bothering her. He tried to ignore it for the most part because he figured if he tried hard enough then he could make it go away.

Both of their parents were supposed to come today though, and Millie was frantic. She knew that her parents would judge every single little thing, so she had to have it all perfect. She didn't want Finn's parents to think that she wasn't taking care of their son. She needed them to like her, especially after the whole thing in Canada.

Finn wasn't too worried because he knew his parents would probably think the house was over the top anyway. He knew his parents supported anything he did so he just wasn't panicking like Millie was.

"Where's the extra towels for the restroom?" Millie said as she appeared into the doorway of their room. Finn was lying on the bed, his face calm as he lazily scrolled through his phone.

"In the cabinet in the hallway," he replied without looking up. Millie rushed out quickly without another word.

Only a couple seconds later Finn heard a surprised scream followed by a thud and a crashing sound. He was up within seconds, making his way through the hallways quickly. He stopped as he saw Millie sitting on the floor, towels around her and a basket next to her with a few tapes on the floor that had fallen out.

"What are these?" Millie asked as she looked up. She held some small tapes in her hands, a curious look on her face.

Finn shrugged, "Some of the songs we have yet to finish."

"Can I hear?"

Finn shook his head, "Maybe later. A lot of them aren't even close to being done."

Millie nodded before suddenly realizing what she was doing in the first place. She scrambled to her feet and quickly scooped up the towels she was looking for. She rushed passed Finn who watched her go before shaking his head.

"Mills it isn't even that important, we've met each other's parents before," Finn said as walked back towards their room after picking up the remaining tapes.

"It is though!" Millie called from somewhere in the house. Finn could hear her footsteps from down the hall before her head popped into the room.

"You said you'd help me finish the food," she said giving Finn a sad face.

He nodded and got up, "I said I'd help you finish it, so why did I end up cooking it all?"

Millie blushed in embarrassment as Finn grabbed her hand and swung it aimlessly between them as they walked.

"You're a much better cook than I am."

Finn nodded, "True. We won't tell my parents that though. They still think you made that spaghetti."