You Say I'm in Love

You say I’m in love, I say you’re a fool
Look away from me now, I'll look away too.

▪▪▪

Finn woke up to the sun in his face.

He rubbed his eyes and his arm automatically went to his left. He looked over in confusion when his hand hit the empty bed next to him. He sat up, listening for any sign of people in the house. It was surprisingly quiet, a little too quiet if you asked Finn.

He climbed out of bed and walked down the hallway. He wasn't used to the house being so quiet in the morning because his mom was never one to sleep in. He reached the end of the hall and stepped into the living room where his eyes automatically landing on the couch.

He couldn't help the smile that overcame his face. He walked closer, taking in the sight of Millie and Rosie cuddled up under a blanket. Millie was practically spooning the huge dog, her arm draped over her lazily. They were both sound asleep and Finn walked back to his room quickly. He snatched his phone off the bedside table and walked back, hoping the two hadn't moved at all. He smiled in triumph as he saw them again.

With careful steps he walked over to them and opened up his camera. He snapped a picture quickly, cringing when he heard the shutter sound go off. Rosie's eyes snapped open and her tail started to wag. Finn put a finger to his lips and shushed Rosie as if she could understand him.

Her eyes closed slowly and Finn let out a small breath of relief. He walked towards the kitchen, surprised to find his mom and Nick at the table.

"Why are you here so early?" Finn asked Nick quietly.

"Wanted to be able to spend the last day you're here with you," Nick replied, making Finn smile lightly.

He sat at the table with them, a little sad at the fact that it was his last day in Canada. Mark had already warned him that he would be busy as soon as they got back to Los Angeles since he cut out an entire week. He liked this little vacation, and he wasn't ready to go back to his regular busy life. He wasn't going to be able to see Millie much either because she would be just as busy, the two having different things to attend to.

"Can I talk to you?" Nick asked quietly.

Finn nodded and got up before following Nick out to the front yard. He glanced towards Millie and Rosie on the way out, smiling slightly.

"What's up?" He asked as soon as they sat down on the bench on the front porch.

Nick opened his mouth but closed it again, seemingly choosing his words carefully.

"Are you and Millie good?"

Finn's eyebrows furrowed, "Yeah?"

"From the other day? Her outburst towards Iris was a little overboard," Nick commented.

Finn nodded, "We talked it out."

"And you leaving to Grace's the night before? What was that all about?" Nick asked curiously.

"We just had a little argument," Finn said.

"Little? You left Finn," Nick raised an eyebrow.

Finn sighed, "What's your point?"

"I'm just looking out for you," Nick said, "It seems like you really like Millie an-"

"I do really like her. Like a lot," Finn cut him off.

"I know, and that's exactly why I'm talking to you. I just want to make sure you're not letting the fact that you like her so much disguise the problems you two have."