Bite

You can coax the cold right out of me
Drape me in your warmth
The rapture in the dark puts me at ease
The blind eye of the storm.

▪▪▪

Finn was on top of the world.

Sure he still felt really anxious to be at such a big event, but he was trying to enjoy it as much as possible because Millie looked so happy. She was doing the thing he loved, where she had a look of pure bliss on her face. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was practically glowing as she walked the carpet. She was in her element and Finn knew that. She was good at these types of things while he lacked in them.

They were led to another interviewer and the two of them smiled widely as they walked up.

"Hello you two! That was the single most cutest thing I have witnessed tonight," she said as Finn and Millie blushed.

"Now let's talk outfits. I've heard you were both styled by Jeremy Scott?" The interviewer continued.

Millie nodded, "The one and only. He did an amazing job, truly."

"That he did. So the theme for tonight was heavenly bodies. Can I take a guess at what your designer was going for?" The woman asked with a smile.

Finn nodded, "Go for it."

"Okay so it's not a secret that you two have been the talk of the entertainment world ever since your birthday," the interviewer gestured to Millie, "lots of people have been questioning why you two were drawn together in the first place when you're clearly from opposite backgrounds."

Finn and Millie both nodded as they tried to keep up with the interviewer.

"There was lots of concern from your fans that Finn was undoubtedly going to quote on quote "change you" into something bad," the interviewer said with an eyeroll.

Millie laughed a little as Finn shook his head.

The interviewer continued, "So here's what I think. Heavenly bodies. It's said that the devil was once an angel, making him count as a heavenly body technically."

Finn and Millie nodded, intrigued so far.

"So you're dressed in red and black, Finn. You represent the devil, aka the person who's going to "change" Millie bad," she continued.

The explanation was long but Finn and Millie were curious as to where it was all ending.

"Millie is in white. She's like an angel. All except the red that's creeping up the bottom. Is it a coincidence that the red is the exact same shade that you're wearing?" The interviewer gestured to Finn's clothes next.

Finn raised an eyebrow, "I don't think I'm following?"

"You're making a statement," the interviewer started, "you're "the devil" while Millie is "the angel" and you're "changing her" which is the red coming up her dress," the interviewer finished with a satisfied smile.

"That's an interesting way to look at it," Finn nodded.

"And it's exactly right. If we want to shut down outrageous rumors then we have to embrace them," Millie smiled.

The interviewer smiled widely at the two, "That's good to hear. Two young people sticking together."

Millie looked up at Finn and smiled before nudging him a little. He smiled back, almost losing himself just by staring at her. He loved the way she looked when she was truly happy. He talked about it all the time. He didn't think there was anything better than that, but now he was realizing that there was. Yeah he loved the way she looked when she was truly happy, but when he knew he was the reason for it? He was on top of the world.