Chapter 13 - I Hope I Never (Split Enz)

NATE

A few Terminus people roamed around in the woods. I took them down without a second thought.

Have to trust that Carol will bring our family back to us safe and sound. I'll check on Ty and Judith, give her a little more time. Then if she's still not back? Return to help out.

When I made it to the cabin I saw a few walkers surrounding it, trying to get in.

Hearing Judith's bellowing cries? I made my way over as quickly as I could, without drawing their attention. Went up to one of the windows and peered in alongside them. Terrified of what I might see.

The bastard I captured has managed to free himself from the cable ties. His hands are on Juju, threatening Tyreese....making him place his weapons on the floor.

"You go out there, she lives"  He ordered.

Gutless little prick is sacrificing Ty to save himself. I should've killed him straight away, huh? Won't be making stupid mistakes like that anymore.

I've got one chance and one chance only to save Juju.

Ty opened the door, his body blocking me from the view of that asshole inside. His eyes widened when he saw me standing there, turning slightly as if to close the door behind him.

That left me just enough room, between him and the doorframe.

When the Terminus guy bent over and released my Baby Sis, I hastily fired. Before pushing Ty back into the cabin, shutting the door behind us.

He ran over to the little cooler bin he'd used as a cot for Judith. She's still screaming up a storm but is unharmed. I almost faint in relief.

TheTerminus asshole is wheezing blood while looking up at me with murder in his eyes. So I straight up put a bullet between them.

Tyreese tried to comfort Judith and calm himself down at the same time. It would've been an awful thing for him to witness. Me cold-bloodedly executing another human being like that.

I grabbed his chin, bringing his face around to mine. Fixed my eyes on his, gently whispering to him over and over again.

"I'm sorry....so sorry you had to see me do that. But it's done, Ty. It's over now, dear heart. They'll be home with us soon....our family. It's done...."

It took a while, but I managed to bring him back from the brink. Once I knew for certain he'd returned to us, I left to go back outside.

Dispatched the few walkers stumbling around the cabin and got rid of all the bodies. I took off the canvas poncho. Left it hanging over a rail at out front of the cabin in case it'll be needed again.

I can't leave to go help Carol now. I'm not afraid of leaving Ty with Juju....never that. I'm really afraid of leaving Ty....with Ty.

Half an hour is all it took, for them to come home to us.

Felt like a lifetime.

*

Ty sat quietly in a corner cuddling Judith, while I fidgeted impatiently. Glancing out the window, I spot the first of them walking over the crest of the hill. He passed her over to me and I gave him a hand to get up off the floor.

Motioned him outside. But before he went....he held us both tight in his arms and kissed us.

"Love my girls....thank you both. You gave me back my life again"  He whispered before letting us go.

As Ty went down the steps I glimpsed Sasha dashing towards him. Arms outstretched and tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, Juju. There's your Dadda and big brother. They're going to be so happy to see you, bubby!"