Chapter 80 - Sabotage (Beastie Boys)

DARYL

"This feel all kinds of wrong to you, hermano....as it does to me?"  Jorge breathed into my ear.

As we stood by the gates, watching them comin up the road.

"Yer think he spun us a line?"  My hand twitched near the pistol tucked in my waistband.

"No, I trust Dwight. I'm talking about this lot of emo coños....c***s."

Glad to know I weren't the only one with a low opinion of Rick's choice of new allies.

Both he and Michonne went to the junkyard themselves to bring em back instead of Aaron. Jesus left for the Hilltop late last night to ask for their help. Gave Leo directions on how to find the Kingdom, for him to do the same.

It was around midnight when he set out.

I turned my back to give em privacy while he made his farewells to Jorge. As he started walking through the gates....I reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Yer be careful and come back safe, man. Stay in the shadows and keep yer eyes open. She's....she's gonna give it her all and rip yer a new one if you try and stop her. But I'd appreciate it if yer give it a go anyway, Leo."

His sigh was one of agreement.

"Daryl, it's not that my Baby Doll is stubborn. Her sublimely beautiful brain cells do the right thing and call a general meeting. But when it comes to the people she loves? Her heart tells them to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up."

"And now I know, that's one of the reasons why she married you."

Shit! Now ain't the time for him to start up that crap again? Hasn't he got it through his thick head yet how much I lov....

"Because you're exactly the same, old chap. Exactly....thank God."

"Now toodle-pip, my dear redneck Papa. Take care of your gorgeous self and my old man while I'm gone. I'll see you both in the morning. Bye darling! "

Dunno what made my jaw hit the ground? His words....or the huge smacker he managed to plant fair and square on my lips.

Leo blew kisses over my shoulder at his husband before strolling off.

"Stop!"  My embarrassed ass grunted at Jorge.

Who doubled up in hysterics as I stomped off towards home. With the Mutt prancin happily beside me.

*

Three big rubbish trucks pulled up to the gates along with a dozen or so pushbikes. They all spread out. About forty of them, lookin around as if they already own the place.

One of them trucks drove inside and even more tumbled out from the rear.

"Too late for doubts now, brother."

We wandered over to Rick and their leader joined us.

Jadis.

Looks like a woman....I think? Reckon she cut her hair by puttin a bowl over her head. Just like my Momma used to do to me n' Merle when we was kids.

She's eyeing Rick all over like he's a prime rib. And she ain't a vegetarian.

"I lay with him after. You care?"  She asked a speechless Michonne.

"We should all get back to work"  Is Rick blushin?  😊

When they started walkin away, Jadis's glance slid over to me. Licked her lips and raised those eyebrows higher.