Chapter 49 - Take It To The Limit (Eagles)

NATE

"Now you listen to me, mister! You're injured and asleep on your feet beat. I'm taking you home, cleaning you up and you're going to stay in bed for a few days."

"End of fucking story, Dixon!"

His eyes whipped up to mine and narrowed slightly as my furious whisper came to a halt.

Except I can do final-warning eyes just as good now....if not better than he does.

"End of fucking story!"  I repeated a bit louder this time.

Just in case the rocket blast has affected his hearing?

"You need him for anything else, Doc?"

I tossed the question over my shoulder to Denise. While taking his hands in mine and gently tugging him to his feet.

"He's good to go, Nate. No heavy lifting for at least two days until the stitches take. The dressings are waterproof so he can wash, get all that fuel and stuff off him. Strenuous activity kept to a minimum cos he might be a bit lightheaded from blood loss."

"Plenty of bed rest like you said....and fluids."

"You heard the Doc....so quit yer bitchin and shuffle yer butt Mr Dixon"  I growled at him, winking back at Denise.

She knew exactly what I was asking and gave the right answer. Maybe not the most professionally accurate one? But deffo the right one given the circumstances.

I could've kissed her....but I think I'll leave that pleasure to Tara  😄

"Bossy bitch"  He muttered, following me grudgingly.

"YUP!"

*

I only let go of his hand long enough to take care of the walker who was wandering on our porch. Stabbed her in the head then pushed the body over the fence.

I'll take care of her later.

"Hey, farty bum"  Muttles was grovelling on the floor in delight.

Daryl bent down to pat him but tumbled over when his balance went. I grabbed a kitchen chair then a bottle of water from the fridge. Helped him off the floor to his feet before gently pushing down on his shoulders until he sat.

"Drink and don't move. I'm just going to start the shower."

Running up to the bathroom, I turned on the water before heading back and undressing Daryl.

Despite his weariness, one part of him is still perky and showing increasing interest as I grab hold of him and lead the way upstairs.

His grin at me is shy....and wry.

"Pavlov's dog. Just needs the right potent biological stimulus. My potent one? Her name's Nate....Nate Dixon."

He ran his fingers across my lips as I sat him on the shower bench and started soaping him up.

"Hold that thought, Dixon. At least until we're both capable of following it through to a satisfactory conclusion."

Eventually got some food into my man before laying him down on our bed and tucking him in. Kissed Daryl's damp head, cheek, nose then mouth.

"You didn't get lost and I tried to be good. We kept our promises. Love you, Babe....go to sleep"  I whispered.

"Yes'm...."  He mumbled.

I leaned against the door jamb for so long that my arm started to go to sleep.

Just couldn't stop gawping at him, drinking him in. Wanting more than anything to lay down, grab him in my arms and never let go.