Chapter 68 - Rolling In The Deep (Adele)

NATE

"Shit, Natalie! Are you fucking nuts....what the hell have you done? "  Dwight gasped in shock while I sit here.

Enveloped in a Zen-like calm.

"Whatever it takes, Dwight. Tell me, what have you done....apart from killing my family that is?"  I barely catch the wince on his face as he turned to leave the room.

"Gonna go get another one. And you'll put it on before he....Oh shit...."

He stopped dead in the doorway. Ran a shaky hand over his face, before his scarred features settle into a look of passive anger.

'Here's another one who's faking it to make it?'  Ran crazily through my head before he stepped aside.

Bowed his head in deference as his illustrious leader swaggered into the room.

"So, how does our delectable little widow look in her new...."

"...threads? "  I finish the sentence for him.

While running my fingers through the silken strands that were once a beautiful black dress. Now shredded after a few hours of diligent work.

They fluttered back to the floor in front of my crossed legs....like a waterfall at midnight.

Negan's tongue ran across his upper teeth, but his lips stayed closed. A booted toe swept aside the pile. Before he planted his backside on the floor and mirrored my position.

At a click of his fingers, Dwight slunk out of the room. Quietly closing the door behind him.

"Natalie....Natalie....Natalie...."  Negan sighed solemnly,

"....what are  we going to do to rectify this?"

"Now I know you're upset at everything that's gone down over the last couple of days. Seeing your husband then the Chinaman pay for Rick and Daryl's transgressions. But that's no excuse for taking out your shit on a wonderful Elie Saab creation."

"I think that was one of Amber's favourite dresses and she's one of my favourite hot wives. She won't be happy with your....alterations."

"An unhappy Amber is an unhappy wife and that makes for an equally unhappy husband. Namely....me "  Negan tilted his head in mock angst whilst clasping his hands to his chest.

Wives?  😨

"Whilst we're on the topic of excuses, just who is kidding who? About Abraham and Glenn's pre-meditated murders, I mean. Before you even stepped out of that R.V you knew exactly  who in our group you were going to take out. Without the need for any so-called justifications or transgressions."

"Right off the bat....if you'll excuse a bad pun."

If Negan was an actor? He'd win that Academy Award I strived so hard for, nearly two years ago. But I saw the minuscule uplift of his manicured black brows when I called him out.

His howl of laughter filled the small room. Head shaking as if he's tickled pink.

"Wow, Green Eyes! You  are one hell of a surprise package, aren't you? I thought my Daryl was the prized catch of the day and you were simply my little cherry on top."

"But it's shaping up that you....you're  the real trophy fish instead. So tell me. How did you arrive at such an astoundingly astute deduction, Mrs Ford?"

"I've heard tales. Men, women, children. You and your barbwire piece of ass are an equal-opportunity duo aren't you? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe....Negan's ducks are in a row."