Chapter 75 - Fear Is A Place To Live (Korn)

DARYL

"Your Majesty...."

Ezekiel waved his hand dismissively at the big guy and Jesus kept talkin.

"I used to think the deal was something we could live with, but that's changing. Let's change the world, Your Majesty."

Kept my mouth shut tight.

This is a time for diplomacy, and right now? I'm feelin anything but diplomatic.

Got over my fright about Nate, had to. More important things are goin on right now. But I know the second this discussion is over? She's gonna get a grilling.

And probably not just from me.

Us escaping so conveniently from the Sanctuary, the walkies with codes? And to top it all off....the guns and ammo?

I didn't need to see the doubts and anger start creepin onto everyone's faces. When each new little surprise  was revealed.

 What the hell is still to come?

All of us are thinkin the same thing and no one is overly thrilled with her right now. Especially me.

"We're strong, but there's not enough of us or weapons...."  Rick began, but that Richard guy cut in and started pleading our case too.

Said they've got guns, ammo, fighters and that the time to act is now.

"Boss...."

"Not now, Jerry!  Morgan, what say you? Speak"  I could almost hear Rosie rolling her eyes.

"People will die, and not just Saviors. If we can find another way? We have to. Maybe capture Negan or...."

His words dried up once he realised none of us agree with him and his conchie ideals.

The King stood.

"The hour grows late and you've given me much to ponder. I invite you all to sup...."

"DUDE!"

The interruption was a lot louder this time and Ezekiel is getting mighty pissed with his bodyguard now.

"What, Jerry?"

The big guy beamed like a damned fool. Everyone's eyes followed his finger when it pointed to the corner of the stage in front of him.

OHFUCKMEDEADHOLYSHITWHATTHEFUCK?

As everyone let out gasps I clambered over the seats in front of me. Inched my way closer, wonderin if I'm gonna make it before the air in my lungs gives out.

Nah!

Don't matter, cos I ain't breathing anyways.

"It's cool, Daryl. She won't hurt you"  Carl grinned at me happily then kept on running his hand down the tiger's fur.

Shiva is purring so loud it drowned out the frantic pounding of my heart.

"Well, I'll be...."  The King whispered in shock.

I slowly reached my hands out towards Nate. Who's snuggled up on the other side of the tiger with a blissed-out little smile on her face.

Sound a-fucking sleep!

As I carefully picked her up in my arms, the big cat licked its lips then the back of my hand. Felt like warm, wet sandpaper runnin over my skin.

Shiva gave Nate one last gentle nuzzle of her huge head then blew out what sounded like a cheery sigh from her nose. Before turning to Carl and doing the same to him.