Chapter 87 - Out Of Control (Hoobastank)

NATE

We lost the other side mirror. Blown clean off by a warning shot that came from somewhere inside the dark compound.

"You loaded?"  The big chonk laying over me protectively....whispered.

I'm sure he heard my eyes roll in response.

Duhhhh!  🙄

"Hands in the air where we can see em. No funny business. You be mindin me now or we'll blow your damn heads off"  A gruff voice boomed out the warning.

Okaaaay?  So the place wasn't quite as secure as Jorge thought.

Someone....someone's rather....have managed to get inside what resembles a military fortress. I had myself a fleeting melancholic memory of the Honeymoon Residence.

Together we inched our way out of the car. Started taking slow measured steps, until we reached the front bumper and stood in the glare of our headlights.

Well, my steps were measured....and shakily so. Got even wobblier when we were made to turn around a few times so they could look us over.

"STAY!"  I yell-whispered when I heard the Fark clambering his way over to the driver's seat.

"There someone else with you? Get em out here, now."

"It's just my dog, Sir....Muttley. I'm Nate and this is Jorge. We're not here to hurt anyone, I swear"  I called back, then gave a tiny sharp whistle.

Muttles jumped from the car and immediately came to heel by my side.

"Dad....it really is a dog!"  A younger voice cried out in excitement, making Mutt's tail thump wildly against my ankle.

"Kenny! You get back inside with the others. We'll make up our own minds about your intentions, Missy. But if you keep up with that fidgeting? Then your kneecaps are history. What the hell is wrong with you....don't you listen?"

"STAY STILL DAMMIT!"

"I'm trying, Sir! It's just....can't help it cos I really need to....Ooooh fuck...."

🤢

My thighs pressed themselves so hard together, I feared they might fuse. But my lips clenched just as tight when the familiar tummy roll started.

Morning sickness?

Sheeeeit....I got that crap covered pretty much 24/7 now.

Might have to get Dixon to revise our son's name....call him Ralphie instead? Might also have to beg some more Barley Sugars from Dwight. Wonder if they have a stash of Redskins too?

Sorry for the internal digression. Brief baby brain moment. That's my excuse anyways and I'm sticking to it!

"Sir, Nate is pregnant. We've had a bit of a day and....and I think she's about to...."

HE THINKS????

The darkness wavered slightly as I sank to my knees and let loose. For all I know it could've been from every orifice. Yet my pride is waaaay  beyond caring.

"TAMMY ROSE SUTTON....GODDAMMIT WOMAN!  Get your ass back inside with Kenny right now. It's a trick!"  The man yelled.

A woman's voice boomed just as snarkily in return. Over the sound of running feet and a gate rolling back on its tracks.

"Earl, quit it with the hollerin. You t'aint doin nothin but callin the deaders to our doorstep. Can't you see the poor little girl is paintin the pavement?"