Chapter 41: secret

I've changed completly. My personality. My strenght and weaknesses. I am a different person now. Maybe i made the wrong choice. Tyler was fine, but bunny ears and wings are something different indeed. Still why do i feel like this? Did i really made the right choice.

It was a few months later and the questions came finally to a stop. Telling them the truth now, would break them. Actually their was never a good time for telling this. Mark would freak out. Ethan would be both excited and disappionted. Tyler would be confused. And the others. No! No one should know. My secret.

"Everything okay, dear?", ethan asked entering the kitchen. I nodded with a cereal stuffed mouth. "Why the sweather? It's so hot outside", it nearly made me choke on my food. As i finally got it trough my troat and my mouth was clean, i answered. "I think i'm a little sick. I have cold all the time." His eyes filled with care and he ran out of the kitchen. Not thinking too much about it, i went back to my cereal andn reading my book. I like books. I had like 2 moving boxes full of them.
The past months since the incident happend i have felt incredible cold. Like no heat was warm enough. Even my showers where over 60 degree celcius. "You trying to burn your skin of", Ethan said ,more questioning, one time walking in on me and seeing all the steam in the room. I just giggled akwardly at his comment and gave him a quick kiss before he left again.

Situations got weirder the more time that passed. I felt some weird feeling when one of them was doing something dangerous. A knot formed in my stomach and i grew anxious. Sweat was on my forhead and it seemed like my cheeks were on fire. I ran out my room to the living room. I looked in the kitchen and afterwards after finding no one in the places i searched, ran to the garden. Relieved of hearing the screames and laughter of my brother and his friends, i looked at what was happening. They were kicking soccerballs at eachothers backs. "Is everyone alright?" I asked while Mark got hitt by ethan and tyler and fell to the ground when bob and wade kicked some other balls at his legs, right under the back of his knees what made him fall. "Mark!!", i screamed while running to him. Another ball flew to his head when i catched it right in time, a few inch from his head. I heared gasps coming from the others but felt the need to help my brother. I kneeld down by his side and he smiled at me. His warm smile, probably thinking i am as crazy as him for worrying. "What's gotten into you? Normally you would laugh at me and even trow an extra ball" My face changed from shame to puzzeling. I did indeed used to do that. Why was i so worried now. "I may realised how much you mean to me", I half lied what made them aw in harmony. Half because i really realised he means a hell a lot to me but their was also a hidden reason why i was so worried recently. Now it was just waiting patienly till someone found out enough. I tried to act more like myself but i got confused of who i really was. My desision became suddenly not the right one. Where had i put myself into. A big mess that was clear.

A few weeks passed and i woke up with an annoyed feeling. I tried to roll over out of the bright morningsun that came from my window with seethrough curtan. As i made that movement my back started burning. It felt like my skin was being held against a fire. Or like i lied on the still heated aches. My hands shot to my mouth immediately so i wouldn't scream it out. I didn't want to wake Ethan, witt btw wasn't next to me anymore. Directly the pain fainted away when i got filled with concern. Where is he. It's 5 am, why in hell would he be up now. Ignoring the still burning feeling, i walked down the stairs as quiet as i could. Everyone was sleeping. I heard the soft snorring from Mark and Tylers room was slightly open but i could clearly see his body half hanging out of his bed with his messy hair being extra fluffy. On my tip toes i walked to the begining of the stairs, relieved that i didn't woke anyone up. Stabbing my toe against the corner of a table, i bit down my lip till it bleeded. I moved again, but this time watching where i go, i saw Ethan. Softly i lead my body to where he was, laying like a little dog. He was cruwled up in a ball, his soft hair being all messy while his face was full of peace. A soft smile stood on his mouth. I couldn't help but place a soft kiss on his temble. He looked too sweet and cute.

Lost in thought, i didn't realisted he woke up. "(Y/n)", he said softly while kissing my cheek, noticing i was behaving weird. I felt the shiffer down my spin hitting me hard. "Why are you sleeping here?", i asked him before he could ask me some questions first. He laughed akwardly:"well babe, you were kind of behaving weird in the night. so after getting hit by serveral arms of you i decided to move. You were tossing constantly but when i tried to calm you, it seemed like you were in some trans. Sort of half sleep." My cheeks burned from embarasment what only made Ethan smile happily at me. "Come here", he said while pulling me on him on the coutch. He wrapped his arms around me, a big embrace. "It's okay. I am just worried about you (y/n).", it got silent for a few minutes. We just laid in our hugging position. I felt his warm breath on my shoulder and his arms were tight around me. His body heat spread over me and i didn't want it to ever go. "You are behaving weird since the incident --" he cut himself of, leaving me with an ponding heart. It felt like a race started and i was laying in front of the starting line while 10 cars loudly made sounds.

Ethans POV:
Her cheeks got red from embarasment, i guess. She looked so cute, with her short pj's on and her hear all messy in 2 french braids. (Y/n) her eyes came out beter now they were a little red from tiredness.
When i hugged her, I got filled with butterflies and didn't want to let her escape my embrace. I felt like i was protecting her, again. I was able to. Previous night she was unsafe, whooling under the blankets. Her face crunched up and some rambling words came out of her mouth almost not noticable. I had tried to calm her, called her names, but everytime i tried to kiss or hug her she poked with her elbow in my face. Not too hard though. but still i felt useless beside her, so i left her assuming it was just a bad dream. Althought the longer i think aobout it the more suspisious it becomes. there is something more. I confronted her softly over it and i felt her heartbeat racing like a car losing control. "You are behaving werid since the incident --", i cut myself of, not daring to say it. what if i was wrong?

she sat there next to me, while i was still hugging her waist. Suddenly i heard a soft sniffing. I jumped up directly and looked at her face. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks. "What's wrong my love", My body filled with concern and worry. She just looked at me with a lifeless expression. But i saw how broken she was inside. It showed through her eyes. (Y/n) opened her mouth like she was gonna say something , but soon closed it again, as if she was scared. "You can tell me what is going on, i won't tell anyone. But if you don't tell it,, it's fine. you don't need to, i won't push you."

(Y/n) Pov:

Ethans words made me feel less scared, but still everything could change if he knew the truth that i've been hiding now for the past 4 months. I betrayed him, broke his trust. Same for everyone else. I all lied to them, just for some stupid secret. A stupid woman changing my whole identity. She had no right to do that, i didn't wanted it, but when the oppirtunity came, i didn't took it. I let her do her ways, playing me with her sweet words, like candy. Free candy that you give a child. I may made the wrong desision, but now it's my time to heal it. I need to tell it. I took all my currage i had and looked Ethan straight in the eyes. i whipped my tears away who were silently just hanging on my cheek, like the didn't want to end up on the floor. the didn't want to die, it seemed. I breathed in, deeply throught my nose while closing my eyes and out agian throught my mouth. "Ethan, i need to tell you something --", the fear showed throught his eyes. It made it harder for me, but i need to push throught. "I made a mistake", with every word i seemed to make it worse. I felt like he was breaking right in front of me and i couldn't catch the falling pieces. "With the incident, I - i didn't did exactly what i told i did. it hasn't happend like i've told." He looked at me with teary eyes, confused with all his feelings. Fear, betray, anger.

Was it the right thing to do? To tell him? To even ever lie to them. I ruined my life more than the woman , who said she was a doctor did. It all started when i came her. i Ruined it all. Messing with them for almost a good year. I quite school, but not exactly for what i've told them. I got suspended for 2 months or something like that, but it was worse. I didn't told what had happened back then, and now i lied again. I betrayed everyone. I shouldn't be here. Why don't i just leave already. I didn't felt in place and now i even do more.

- - - -

I hope you all liked it. idk why but i felt like writing again. Sorry for grammer mistakes and just misspellings, but i try my hardest best. Also this has been written late at night and i can't re- read it because i have many things to do. But anyway hope you like it, and keep good my loves.