Chapter:1 Suprise

Brrriiinng

Brrriiinng

The bell rang signalling the end of senior year as I walked out of class and strolled through the hallways. Leaving a classroom never felt so liberating. I nodded to groups of people who congratulated me or said goodbye. As I was pulling all the sheets out of my locker the one right next to me was slammed shut. I flinched at the sudden surprise before relaxing again. "Congratulations baby,".

It was just Mason.

His sun kissed fringe clung to his moistened forehead rubbing it on me as he pulled me in for a bear hug. Mason had a lean athletic body, I always envied him because he did nothing. He waltzed around the football pitch like he was at a tango lesson. Yet, he had a body that anyone would die for.

He kissed my cheek before pulling away bubbling on about how senior year was so quick. The thought of him being my first kiss popped into my mind. A ruby blush stained my cheek which he was completely ignoring.
Yes, I like Mason, A LOT.

But there's one problem. "So honey, you ready for the party tonight, we have to do our make up together"-He was as straight as a roundabout.

I sent him a weak smile before he pulled his vibrating phone out. "I would love to chat more, but Mike's calling me". He kissed my natural golden curls before skipping down to the exit. People glared at him in unison. Not many of the students here liked or even tolerated Mason, but I love his attitude and confidence. He wasn't afraid to be himself. The make up loving MVP of the football team.

I sighed and made my own journey to the school exit, as soon as the cold air reached my make up free face I threw all my books and worksheets in the blowing L.A wind. I was free, at last. I sprinted through the tarmac covered school car park hearing my name being called by the janitor. I swung open the door of my baby, Honda Ridgeline.

After a silent drive I pulled up into the place I've grown to call home. We only moved in three years ago but this is where I feel most comfortable. I stepped out carefully, jumping as I almost reached the ground. A trail of black jeeps lined up my street. Was there a funeral? The trail finally ended by my front door. I waved the grievous thoughts aside and carelessly pulled on the doorknob.

I closed the tall, red, wooden door behind me and looked around. Everything was silent except a few murmuring here and there. "Mom, Dad" I shouted entering the lobby, the two words echoed around the whole house as I smiled to myself.

I love doing that.

After a few more words were spoken I heard my fathers deep voice. "Living room" he retorted. He sounded worried which frightened me, both my parents were headstrong and determined people who were confident whenever they spoke.

I awkwardly dragged my new white sneakers on the marble floors with precautions. As I entered the living room I was greeted with unfamiliar people dressed in black coats, sunglasses, hats, trousers and shoes. They stood as still as statues waiting patiently for a command. I observed each and every man and woman before taking a seat beside my father.