Chapter37: Numb P1

My feet stomped against the floor as I balled my fists in anger

My feet stomped against the floor as I balled my fists in anger. Guards followed behind me in suit. The rage built up inside me was unfathomable.

Who the fuck did he think he was?

I made a turn towards the room I knew he was in. Arriving at the door I wasted no time kicking the door open. The door's top hinges flew right off landing with a ding on the ground.

All activities in the room ceased while the permanent scowl was still plastered on my face. My body started to heat. Claire was in fact right. He dared do this in my base.

Dom had his back turned to me but the cease on work caused him to turn his body towards me. He lifted his eyebrow at my presence shock and confusion written clearly in his eyes but not his facial features. He turned fully towards me with his arms crossed.

"Damn, I thought that notebook was fool proof".

I walked straight towards him with my hands balled. Flinging a punch straight into his face, my knuckles collided with his bone and skin. His men did nothing to help him. I was in charge here. Dom's face flung to the side before standing straight up.

He nodded his head to the side quickly while blood poured from his lip and nose. I pulled my collar forwards and fixed my cuffs. I gave a cold glare around the room before heading towards the exit.

A frown was still implanted on my face as I tried to exit the room. A deep voice erupted through the room and I craned my neck in an odd angle.

"You don't fucking deserve her!" he hissed loudly anger laced in his voice.

"Tell me something I don't fucking know already".

I left the room with one goal set in my mind. Swinging the doors open I came across almost all my men in the house working from side to side.

Orders were shouted and thrown across the room. They had determined looks on their faces and their feet moved swiftly. Codes, cctv footage and car number plates were analysed on computer screens.

"You really thought they would stop looking for our Queen". Claire stood behind me with her arms crossed and her eyebrow raised.

I was impressed. Although usually I would chew at them and maybe even punish them for going against my orders behind my back, but I was relieved we were getting close.

She was close. I could feel it, I almost there.

Numb

Numb.

Deprived of the power of physical sensation and responsiveness.

Numb.

Unable to feel due to immense pain, suffering and sadness.

Numb.

That's how I felt as I stared at the wall. Their screams could be heard through every wall in the house. Everywhere I turned, when I had a shower, while I stared lostly at the television.

Their screams.

Their screams drove me to madness. Then anger, now I don't know what to feel or think. I don't what to say or how to say it. It's as if I lost a tongue and a brain on the same day.

"Honey!" I took in a short breath before turning my head towards the door. "Babe, I want to go to the shops, would you like anything in particular for dinner".

I want you dead. Yet here you are standing in front of me. How the world works, eh.

I shook my head slowly turning to stare ahead. "Please say something". I didn't blink once as he took a heavy breath and turned his back to me. I breathed a fast breath and turned.

"What day is it?" I cleared my throat and repeated the same words louder. "Wednesday. Why?" He raised his eyes at me in questioning but still had relief in his eyes that I had spoken.

"I have to have lasagna".

He chuckled lightly at me and I sent him a minature side smirk. "Sure thing". He stalked in to me and puckered his lips. Swivelling my head his wet lips, they landed on the side of my temple, adjacent from my eyes.

"Wait".

I held my hand out to him. The hopeful look in his eyes was enough to make me gag. I grabbed a pen and ripped a paper towel. Scribbling down the ingredients yo my foolproof recipe Nikolas tapped his foot impatiently.

I made this once for David and the guards, now they know when you have my lasagna there's no going back. I held up the page to him and he leaned in again. Kissing my teeth I turned to the bed and left him hanging.

He pulled back slowly huffing to himself. "I will be back soon chaton".

He left the room
successfuly locking the door before I heard his steps travel down towards the front lobby.

I pray he dies before he reaches this house.