Chapter27: Sweetcakes

David and I stood side by side in front of the enormous mansion

David and I stood side by side in front of the enormous mansion. My mouth went agape and but quickly closed to prevent my make up from creasing. Much to David's dislike we argued at the boutique before concluding that I could were the dress and get my make up done if I owe him one later.

He had a sly smirk on his face after he told me, instantly making me doubt my decision. But the dress was worth it, I hope.

I smacked me lips together and linked elbows with David's awaiting arm. He helped me up the steps as my train dragged along behind us. Guards of both mafia's lined up on the outskirts of the steps. David's followed us up while Ivan's posted the stairs.

They sent almost unnoticeable nods to each other. David and I walked slowly before Ivan's doormen opened the doors for us leaving all the guards outside. "Welcome". Ivan stood at the top of the red velvet stairs in the centre. He made an extravagant entrance, sliding down the banister before jumping in front of us. "To my humble abode, in France".

He pulled David in for a hug and patted his back lightly. He whispered something incoherent in David's ear causing him to growl. Ivan pulled away chuckling. He approached me and gasped.

He sent me a sickening smile before grabbing both my hands. I giggled loudly and he twirled me round and kissed the back of hand. "Damn girl.... David please just once". David grabbed me from his hold and pulled me to his side.

Ivan huffed showing me he wasn't used to not getting what he wanted. "Rose," he flung his head to the side at the maid who stood by the right of the end of the stairs. "Call Paris and tell her to send one of her girls in a couple hours. I need to get rid of this, but I don't think they'll ever be good as you. Don't be jealous sweetcakes".

I grimaced as he sent me a sickening smirk. "Trust me I wasn't" I muttered under me breath and linked my head while Ivan burst into laughter. "I will have you one day, sweetcakes". I flipped my head up suddenly rage engrossing my whole being.

"Why are you calling me that?". I tilted my head to the side trying to figure out as to why there was still a smile on his face. "Because you've got sweet" he pointed his hand down to my behind. "Cakes".

I slapped his hand away trying to hide the blush. He was so lewd. He laughed it off showing us to 'one of his many living spaces'. David took a seat on the plush couch, I tried to edge past him only resulting in him grasping my hands and setting me down to his lap.

He placed me sideways so my underwear wasn't visible to Ivan's prying eyes that were settled on my legs licking his lips slowly.

He is such a pervert. 

The front door slammed closed and dress shoes clicked against the limestone glass covered ground. "Dom!" I looked at the entrance as Dom slowly came in. He had a bored look plastered on his face before reaching the room.

He caught my eye and we shared a worrying look before he smiled at me. I felt David's chest rumble with a low growl before tightening his grip on my waist. Dom stared at my dress from top to bottom before taking a big gulp. Instantly feeling exposed I placed on of my legs over the other. I saw Dom's dark eyes darken further as he stared at the bottom of my dress.

"Cigar" David waved his hand at Rose and she bowed her head. My eyebrows furrowed at David's tone causing me to stand up and follow Roses direction. "Where are you going?" his Italian accent hung heavily in the air as my back faced him. I gave him a side glance before speaking. "Wine". Ivan smirked "better stock up on that alcohol, you want to be ready for tonight". I could hear the smile in his voice and I couldn't help but laugh. His attempts were acctually funny.

I heard David curse in Italian before I was out of earshot. Rose walked out of what I was presuming to be the kitchen with a brown chest. It had a bold Cuban flag on it causing me to shake my head.

Approaching the kitchen I almost cried in joy, it was amazingly beautiful. I trailed around the kitchen in awe. I came across a door, opening it suspiciously it was dark but the kitchen was bright enough to illuminate the hundreds of wine bottles. I smirked at the brands before grabbing a glasshouse white. As I approached the door my back was roughly slammed against a wall.

My scream was muffled by a large hand. "Its me". Dominic stood in front of me a bit too close for comfort. "This dress is killing me Saryah". He pushed himself closer to me as his breath fanned my top lip. I was disgusted, I needed David, not Dom.

I pushed roughly panting like I had just run a marathon. Dom looked at me in questioning "I thought-". His confusion and oblivious facade made me angrier. "Thought what Dom? I hugged you because I was having a mental breakdown, so that automatically means I want to sleep with you. Pathetic". I brushed my dress down and went for a second attempt to leave. My arm was held back by Dominic, "I'm so sorry. I guess I misinterpreted you're actions. Please try and put this behind us so we can go back to normal". I sighed overbearingly before nodding my head rapidly.

We left the cellar together and arrived the living room one behind the other. David stared at us with curiosity before I sat on his lap and kissed his lips. I tried to pull away on causing him to further the kiss. He deepened it biting my bottom lips before licking it.

Dom and Ivan sat in silence as David and I made out of their couch. We finally pulled away and I wiped David's lips with my tongue. He lifted me hands with a smudge still on the side of his lips. "Leave it". He smirked at me and I smile in pride.

He was mine.

********
The night went on with jokes and conversing. Dom glared at me almost the whole night grasping onto his glass of Smirnoff. I tried tossing in a few jokes, I asked him if he needed grape juice and he glared at me.

I quivered and David held me in his embrace before scowling at the mixed haired man. As Ivan told us about one of his failed ambushes when he was a hitman David's phone rang. He reluctantly let go of me after the third ring and excused himself. His voice was muffled and I tried focusing on Ivan but it was hard. What happened that was so urgent?

David came back into the room grasping his phone in his hand with force. "Why didn't you fucking say anything?!" he screamed at Dominic while I shivered in fear. He was raging.

"He's after her, and you didn't think I needed to know?" I placed my hand on his shoulder and he shrugged it off with force. "And you, how the fuck am I supposed to keep you safe when you keep running off and risking your fucking life?!"

I winced and flinched back. David paced the flooor grabbing his hair in his hands, I almost cried as he beat himself up for this. Dominic continued to try and calm him down in vain. After a few minutes of pacing David sat down on the couch beside me and pulled me into his embrace again. He rested his head in the crook between my neck and shoulder. "Was there anything else odd that happened?".

I contemplated on whether to tell him about the note or not but I gave in with my gut. "There was a note, in the shirt I took from the back of Dominic's car. It said 'if you want something done, Do it Yourself'".

David huffed into my neck. "Why didn't you tell me?" I explained to him that's was after we fought and by the morning I had forgotten it already. After asking him what the phonecard was about he grunted and said it was nothing I had to worry about if I told him everything.
"We can't go back to the hotel".

My eyes squeezed together and my bottom lip poked out. "I don't think were safe in his territory".

Ivan eyed lit up and widened as if he had the greatest idea.

"ITALIA BABY!"