Chapter32: Losing Her

The smell that hung in the air was ghastly

The smell that hung in the air was ghastly. Blood and vomit never went together in the first place. My nose instinctively upturned as I forced my eyes open. They stung as they finally peeled open after being closed for so long. Tears slowly trickled out of my eyes as I remembered what had just happened.

Looking around the light from a tiny window was the only thing allowing me to try and identify where I currently was. Pipes wafted there way around the walls dripping unknown substances.

The smell sickened me and my head started to feel light. The pain that coursed through my body was excruciating, still in my bikini, all my cuts were out in the open clearly prone to getting infected. The amount of germs and infections in this room was unknown to me.

The smell continued to linger and my tummy turned upside down. Bile tasted in my throat, the sour taste rose up in my mouth and I slid towards a corner. As all the liquid and my last meal came pouring out of my mouth, I shut my eyes tightly.

Getting up slowly I placed my hands against the wall. My bikini was daring to rip and I mentally battled with it. My head felt light as I searched for an exit. The light shone on my skin and I swivelled towards the tiny window.

Gravel and miniature stones piled onto of each other and blinding light highline the porches features. A creaking sound caused me to spin around rapidly. A wide shouldered figure stood by the door. The lights behind him caused his front to darken.

I couldn't figure out who he was as his face was completely hidden.

"You won't get out from there, don't try". He had a thick french accent causing shivers to race down my spine. He lifted his head and I analysed his features. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, he was the man at the hotel.

The one who followed me on my run. He has been following me since. What did he want with me?

"You are even more beautiful than I remember". He took a slow step towards me and I shook in my stance. "You're Ni- ni".

"Oui, mon coeur. Before we talk you must eat first, and I shall treat your wounds for you". He raised his hand and my eyes widened like saucers. His stubby hands dared touch where David had.

Before he could reach his destination, my hand automatically drew up and came crashing down on his chiseled cheek. A light sensation tingled in my hand as I brought it back. His neck was turned to the side and his nostrils began to flair.

Regretting what I did his face decided to redden and I inhaled sharply. His head snapped up and he grabbed my chin forcefully. "Don't make me do something I will regret chaton".

Fear was the only thing I was feeling at the moment. He dragged me by my upper arm, my legs scratched on the wooden steps and Persian carpets. The cuts on my leg only caused more pain resulting in me failing to hide the pain.

We arrived at a rustic kitchen which matched with the rest of the mansion. Wooden floorboards and brown walls clearly stated he was trying to woo me in some way. Nikolas didn't come across as the humble home type.

The kitchen was big and beautiful, but I preferred modern kitchens. Nikolas etched into a cabinet above the refrigerator, pulling our a first aid box I darted my eyes around the room, searching for ways to escape.

A mild stinging snapped me out of my thoughts. This idiot was using one cotton ball to clean all my cuts. I snatched the soft sphere out of his hands and laid a couple more on the table.

Dossing them with rubbing alcohol I used each one for a minature area of my tainted skin. Nikolas stared at me with an unknown feeling. Looking into his dark eyes I pinned his psychotic features instantly.

He looked at me with admiration, not love, but obsession. It's was scary, I was scared. He didn't seem safe, at all.

"I will make you some crepes". I had a puzzled look on my face, not only was he crazy but he also could not keep track of time. "Why would you make crepes in the evening?" Astonished was the only way to describe his face as he heard my voice properly for the first time. I stared at him oddly and he broke from his trance.

"It's morning darling, you've been knocked out for three days".

The piercing white light blinded my vision as I blinked continuously adjusting to the scene

The piercing white light blinded my vision as I blinked continuously adjusting to the scene. Hospital equipment lay every where beside me and voices were muffled by beeps and wheels rushing around.

I let out a deep groan as I raised my body into a seated position. Claire stood in the room hiding Helga as the platinum haired woman cried. "What happened?" Claire's face shot up at the sound of my voice and she smiled softly. Both approached me cautiously as the memories came reminiscing back.

"That bastard! I'm gonna kill him when I get my hands on-".

A slap came crashing down on. My face and I stared at Helga in betrayal. I shook my head and touched my cheek softly. Only her slaps actually made my eyes sting. Realisation dawned on me as the stinging sensation died down.

I've lost her.